+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3
FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Where are the Melo haters now?

WTF@DrTre posting on the pro boards

I figured you didn't like pro sports.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by JS
    I will say this Melo has proven this doubter wrong he realy seems to have matured.
    I'm guessing you didn't see what he did last week then.
    Find a new slant.

I hate Melo and I think we would have 1 less title if we had drafted him.

If you think I'm wrong well.....

why would i hate this guy? he seems like a cool guy.

Blog Entries
    Don't nothin' include de Melo.
    Find a new slant.

Everyone said he would be Antione Walker or Glenn Robinson. He's playing more like Shawn Marion(Less Athletic) now. I always knew he'd be a great player, I couldn't belive he was left off the all star team this year.

BTW he is the clutchest player in the leauge.

i'll fully admit that most of my melo-hating was usually because i was trying to feel better about passing over him to get Darko.

every little spat or bonehead thing he did usually made me feel better that we didn't draft him.

however good he is now, i'm very satisfied with the team as it stands. who knows how melo would have reacted playing limited minutes off the bench. who knows how well he would have developed.

if we can turn the orlando pick into something good, i'll look at the whole ordeal as a gain rather than a loss. we wasted time with our #2 pick sitting on the bench and not contributing...but during that time we won a championship and got to the Finals, so it wasn't like we suffered because of the pick.

as far as melo being clutch....call me fred mccleod, but i'd rather have the ball in chauncey's hand at the end of the game

Having an awkward moment just to see how it feels.
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve
    Everyone said he would be Antione Walker or Glenn Robinson. He's playing more like Shawn Marion(Less Athletic) now. I always knew he'd be a great player, I couldn't belive he was left off the all star team this year.

BTW he is the clutchest player in the leauge.
    Marion is a better defender, rebounder, and shot blocker. hardly see the similarity. Marion =athletic fast break guy. melo=ISO scorer.
    ^
    Stalked by a Mod who gives 1 percent credence.

Quote Originally Posted by The Archdiocese
    WTF@DrTre posting on the pro boards

I figured you didn't like pro sports.
    I was shocked when I saw a thread started by DrTre in the NBA forum.

Notice, he's so into his green Sparty NCAA world that he hasn't been back to the thread that he started.

About the 'Melo thing, I'm still pissed we didn't take him. We would have paid him the same as Darko, so we would have been able to sign Sura and trade him, Zelly, and Lindsey for Sheed. Joe D is reeeeeally lucky that we won the title in '04 and are running shit this year or his head would be on the chopping block for the Darko debacle. I don't care what all you haters say. A starting lineup of Ben, Sheed, 'Melo, Rip, and Chauncey with Prince and McDyess coming off the bench is far superior to our rotation this year. We'd be challenging the '96 Bulls.

Don't get me wrong I like our team A LOT, and I'm happy with our play, but we could me much better.

"The Forcier is strong with this one." - Boda.

Having an awkward moment just to see how it feels.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moodini31

About the 'Melo thing, I'm still pissed we didn't take him. We would have paid him the same as Darko, so we would have been able to sign Sura and trade him, Zelly, and Lindsey for Sheed.

Don't get me wrong I like our team A LOT, and I'm happy with our play, but we could me much better.
    no what i'm saying is depth wise we probally wouldnt have signed sura. Pissed about Melo? I'd be pissed if we lost the title and melo was bitching about LB much like starbury and any other scorer who cant play defense. I'll never be pissed that we arent running ISO plays for Melo to keep him happy. I'm happy we dont have melo. And on top of that i dont hate the guy. I think he's turned into an elite scorer who still throws really bad game costing fits sometimes(in case you have forgotten his ball in the stands to lose the game incident). Honestly I think we underrate everyone on our team and overrate everyone we coulda had. whose to say melo doesnt turn into Mo fucking Evans here under LB. Some people seem to ignore the environment and the set up that make melo what he is in Dungver. selective memory on his short career is blinding.
    ^
    Stalked by a Mod who gives 1 percent credence.

+ Reply to Thread