+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 7
FirstFirst ... 5 6 7

Thread: The Greatest Video Game of All Time

Halo, Halo 2, Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic, Brothers In Arms:Road to Hill 30 - The best 4 games for XBOX, period.

Perfect Dark, Goldeneye, Rogue Squadron, and Conker's Bad Fur Day - N64.

Anything from the Mechwarrior series (the most underrated ever), F.E.A.R, Half Life and Half Life 2, Duke Nukem 3D - PC

For the Xbox360, the best game will be Gears Of War, watch for this one in October.

The fact that Tecmo Super Bowl isn't getting any mention is horrible. Every game made this year will have 3,000 times better graphics, 10-30 times more plays, and far more user controls. But deep down anyone that's ever played Super Bowl wishes they have a working machine to play a season right now.
    Upon finishing a season there, you would most likely put Blades of Steel in and enjoy that masterpiece as well.
    We had subs. It was crazy.

Having an awkward moment just to see how it feels.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jethro34
    The fact that Tecmo Super Bowl isn't getting any mention is horrible. Every game made this year will have 3,000 times better graphics, 10-30 times more plays, and far more user controls. But deep down anyone that's ever played Super Bowl wishes they have a working machine to play a season right now.
    Upon finishing a season there, you would most likely put Blades of Steel in and enjoy that masterpiece as well.
    Yes Tecmo Super Bowl was the truth and then some as were its sequels. No game has ever matched it in presentation. I liked the overdramatic elements they added to winning the super bowl and playoff games. I wish madden would do that.

Metal Gear Solid 1, 2, and 3 make my list.

Socom 2 and 3(with 4 possibly coming out this winter)
    Chrono Trigger
    Final fantasy 7 and 10
    Secret of Mana
    Super Mario World
    Zelda : link to the past
    Resident Evil 2
    double dribble
    arch rivals
    Street fighter 2
    Campcom vs SNK
    pro wrestling on nitendo
    Batman:the return of joker
    nba jam
    tekken
    campcom vs marvel
    Snatchers for Sega CD
    Zone of Enders 2
    Xenosaga 1
    teenage mutant ninja turtles the arcade game
    jackie chan arcade game(hard to find these days, but fun)
    http://emustatus.rainemu.com/games/jchan.htm

GTA series
    God of War

thats all i got for now.

Also we already made this thread i think. might need a merge.
    Last edited by Black Dynamite; 08-10-2006 at 01:39 PM.
    ^
    Stalked by a Mod who gives 1 percent credence.

From the top:

Atari 2600-

Bowling
    Missle Command
    Kangaroo
    Mario Bros

Nintendo
    Mario 1/2/3
    Zelda 1/2
    Megaman 2
    Tech Super Bowl
    Dragon Warrior
    Final Fantasty
    Dr. Mario

Super Nintendo
    Final Fantasy 2
    Street fighter
    Mario Kart

PS
    Madden 2000
    Grand Turismo

Kinda quit after that. I have a PS2, but I never play it.

after SNES, i pretty much fell out of the loop w/ console games. i played some PC games, but not too many. my all time favorite games:

The Bard's Tale I, II, & III (on my apple IIe): played this w/ a friend for hours on end. it was my first RPG and i was hooked.

Super Mario Bros. series:
    i can remember on the playground in elementary school when each release was big news, lol. i remember being one of the first kids in my neighborhood getting a NES and all my friends coming over to play.

Zelda series:
    all time favorites. the adventure genre was a favorite of mine. like SMB, every new release was big news in my life, lol.

NCAA Basketball (SNES): loved the 3D in this game. remember playing Kenny Anderson from G-Tech and tearing it up, lol. it was the second sports game loved. first was double dribble on NES (like gutz mentioned). i remember there used to be this spot on the floor that you could make like 80% of your jumpers in double dribble.

Street Fighter 2: the game that caused my SNES console to get so hot, i had to turn it off to cool down. i remember playing the game w/ my friends for hours when i first got the game. i knew people who were so disgustingly good at the game, it was a challenge just to get a hit in.

Warcraft 2 & 3:
    these were the last games i really got into. it was the first online game i played w/ some buddies who went out of state for college.

Quote Originally Posted by Gutz Gatsu
    Also we already made this thread i think. might need a merge.
    I was thinking the same thing Gutz. Merged.

"The Forcier is strong with this one." - Boda.

Quote Originally Posted by Jethro34

http://romhustler.net/

Find the emulator for your system, download it, unzip it to any location, then under the roms section, find your system, find your game, download it, open up the emulator and you can play the game

rollin through your neighborhood, middle finger up
    Matt: zelda is one of the best ever, cant believe i forgot it. its the only reason i own a GC.

Jethro34: my gf has a working nintendo

Anthony: i have an emulator and a ton of roms, one of the greatest inventions ever. ghouls and ghosts was the bomb too, used to play the shit outta that.

ill add a couple more too:
    dragons lair
    dynasty warriors
    guilty gear
    phantasy star (for sega master system, which i still own)

Wow, I knew I would miss a HUGE one for those of you that looked at my all time list a page back.

GOD OF WAR! If this one isn't in my Top 5, then the Freanking God of War himself has his big ass sword out and he's trying to slash his way into the Top 5 as we speak.

Muhme- NCAA 07? WOW!!!! Dude, maybe you enjoy playing the game. I can repect that. But, anytime somebody can make a list of 32 things wrong with a game, it shouldn't even be mentioned. You can cut out half of the 32 you don't agree with and you still have tons of things wrong. If a Football game has clock errors, it can't be mentioned. Even the sega fball games got that right.

Quote Originally Posted by UxKa

Anthony: i have an emulator and a ton of roms, one of the greatest inventions ever. ghouls and ghosts was the bomb too, used to play the shit outta that.
    Thanks to the emulator I finally was able to beat the fucking game. I'm ADD. I could never sit there long enough to finish the game. I could save it with the emulator.

+ Reply to Thread