+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7
FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: The Greatest Video Game of All Time

Ojay's got it covered on the PC end, so I'll give my console choice:

It remains the only game I've beat 3 times straight through. I didn't have a memory card when I bought it, so I used to let my PS set on its side with a fan on it overnight. That's how dedicated(and poor) I was.

Having an awkward moment just to see how it feels.
    Anything Metal Gear. Some of the smartest stories going in gaming with a terrific set of Motifs and ideas. That metal gear solid really gave you something entertaining. I still love the battle with psycho mantis and trying to figure out what the fuck he was doing to get over with the smoke and mirrors psychic bs he was pulling. And of course his classic line "If you question my abilities, put your controller on the floor!" LOL@dual shock.

But the best ever?

Chrono Trigger!!!!

That game earned every penny spent for it. One of the most ambitious rpg's of its time. I never liked rpg's before i played that sucka. That and FF10 are a couple of favorites of mines.
    ^
    Stalked by a Mod who gives 1 percent credence.

Quote Originally Posted by Comrade
    Ojay's got it covered on the PC end, so I'll give my console choice:

It remains the only game I've beat 3 times straight through. I didn't have a memory card when I bought it, so I used to let my PS set on its side with a fan on it overnight. That's how dedicated(and poor) I was.
    Wow. Now that's dedication!

"The Forcier is strong with this one." - Boda.

Metal Gear Solid had some of the most inventive gameplay elements of all time. I did love that fight vs. Mantis. I got worked over like 8 times, then once I realized if you plugged in the #2 controller and used that, it was cake.

I also remember having to "look at the back of the CD case" to find Meryl's frequency. I don't know how long I walked around (in the game) looking for a damn CD case! Then I looked on the back of the case for the game...and there it was. Awesome! [smilie=2thumbsup.g:

Quote Originally Posted by Matt

simple. SF2 sucked away SO much of my time and so man quarters. i remember when i first got it for SNES, my buddies and i played it like hours straight. my SNES was burning hot to the touch when we finally ended, lol.
    YESSSIRRR!!!!!!!!!!!

Same here.

Super Street Fighter II was my shit.

Campcom vs SNK 2 is better to me. Probally the best 2d fighting game ever. and they put it out of print. Atleast i got myself a copy of it though. [smilie=2thumbsup.g:
    ^

Quote Originally Posted by Rorschach
    Campcom vs SNK 2 is better to me. Probally the best 2d fighting game ever. and they put it out of print. Atleast i got myself a copy of it though. [smilie=2thumbsup.g:
    Solid. You might call it a "3D fighting game" but I put a reeeediculous amount of time into Killer Instinct. Spinal was my boy.

Quote Originally Posted by Moodini31
    Solid. You might call it a "3D fighting game" but I put a reeeediculous amount of time into Killer Instinct. Spinal was my boy.

killer instinct. no one could fuck with the robot looking dude with the claw. no one.
    ^

Quote Originally Posted by H1Man

The single-player mode is severely under-rated, even though the ending was kind of disappointing. The AI is vastly improved from the original and the game just operates so smoothly for a console FPS. The graphics looks amazing and the level of detail is so amazing that you can actually read the markings on certain guns & ammo.

And don't even get me started on the multiplayer.
    I'm going to have to agree with you, H1. I think it had one of the best plots ever, as it's better than most movies out there. As for the ending, you can't look at it as an ending, more as a segue.

Quote Originally Posted by WTFchris
    MoTown is right.

Quote Originally Posted by Moodini31

killer instinct. no one could fuck with the robot looking dude with the claw. no one.
    FULGORE!

I never really used him much, but he worked my ass many a time.

+ Reply to Thread