+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7
1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: The Greatest Video Game of All Time

The Greatest Video Game of All Time

Ok, I know, there are so many and it's super tough to choose, but of all the games you've played in your lifetime, in your opinion, what is the greatest video game of all time? This really had me thinking, do I go with the nostalgia and an old school NES game, or a nu skool blow you away game? Tough call, but in the end, I had to go nu skool.

RESIDENT EVIL 4

This game had it all. Innovative and smooth gameplay, dreamy graphics, edge of your seat action, and not to mention the trademark of the Resident Evil franchise, scaring the crap out of you everytime you play. Only RE games have that added element of where you want to play because it's so amazing, but you don't because you don't want to be shook. This game was hot from the get-go and it only got better as the game went on. The high speed train track trolley car shootout anyone? Damn. This game is a must play for everyone. Originally made for the Gamecube, but is now available (with some special features) on the PS2.

"The Forcier is strong with this one." - Boda.

The single-player mode is severely under-rated, even though the ending was kind of disappointing. The AI is vastly improved from the original and the game just operates so smoothly for a console FPS. The graphics looks amazing and the level of detail is so amazing that you can actually read the markings on certain guns & ammo.

And don't even get me started on the multiplayer.

once upon a time i was falling in love, now i'm fucking falling apart

I got respect for all the console gamers but I gotta represent the PC online gamers here.

If you played the Wolfenstein/Doom/Quake series on the PC, you should ALREADY KNOW this game practically revolutionized the first person shooter. Console gamers may have fallen in love with Goldeneye and now Halo, but this game raised the bar and set the standard for whatever present day FPS you line it up to.

The game plays like a movie easily, running on the heavily modified Quake 2 engine so familarity with the older games and you're into it. It was Game of the Year in 99 I believe and its effects live on.

It might be better known to you for its mods:

Team Fortress Classic
    Counter-Strike
    Day of Defeat
    Natural Selection

All of which are noteable games for professional cyber athletes.

Also spawned a sequel, the most anticipated PC game of all time, Half-Life 2, also showing promise for mod teams for more game development.

I spent about a good 5-6 years playing Half-Life and it's many mod games and only reccently I've been able to chill out from it. It'll pull me back one of these days. The single player is great, added with the online multiplayer value and it's priceless.

-ojay!

For me, it was Final Fantasy X. I was able to play virtually non-stop for a larger part of the game, and that was an experience.

I really need to experience some first-person shooters. For some reason I've just never been into them. I rented Halo and wasn't really blown away. But yesterday I popped in a demo of Black and I was really feeling it. I think I'm more into the realistic/ war FPS games rather than the sci-fi ones like Halo and Half life. What realistic FPS would you guys recommend that I start with? I have a 360, a PS2, and a solid PC. I do prefer console games though. Any recommendations?

Quote Originally Posted by e-ray
    For me, it was Final Fantasy X. I was able to play virtually non-stop for a larger part of the game, and that was an experience.
    Good call e. I think I put in over 120+ hours in on that game. I had to go around and find all of the summon spells for Yuna and the enchanted weapons. Not to mention wasting a ton of time playing blitzball.

Quote Originally Posted by Moodini31
    I really need to experience some first-person shooters. For some reason I've just never been into them. I rented Halo and wasn't really blown away. But yesterday I popped in a demo of Black and I was really feeling it. I think I'm more into the realistic/ war FPS games rather than the sci-fi ones like Halo and Half life. What realistic FPS would you guys recommend that I start with? I have a 360, a PS2, and a solid PC. I do prefer console games though. Any recommendations?
    CoD2 was pretty fun -- that's the only FPS I've played for the 360.

I am the same with OJAY. I still play counterstrike alot.

simple. SF2 sucked away SO much of my time and so man quarters. i remember when i first got it for SNES, my buddies and i played it like hours straight. my SNES was burning hot to the touch when we finally ended, lol.

+ Reply to Thread