+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4
1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Fixing my Xbox

Fixing my Xbox

OK, Moodini - time to repay me.

My Xbox is fucked. I'm playing the fucking lottery every time I put a disc in it. Sometimes the machine will work first go, sometimes on the second, sometimes not at all.

WTF?

It can't read the disc, ANY disc, even a brand new DVD. Oh wait - it just did. No, there it goes again.

FUCK!

How do I go about fixing this?

Sending it to Microsoft takes forever and it's a pain.

I haven't got it chipped or anything, just a regular Xbox. And because the 360 is so expensive I'm not gonna dump it for the new one.

PLUS, I've got all my NBA Live shit saved on the hard drive and no memory card, so dumping the machine for a new one kills my Dynasty and all my created players and new rosters.

WTF can I do (short of saying "fuck it" and buying another xbox?)
    Rise like Lions after slumber,
    In unvanquishable number -
    Shake your chains to earth like dew
    Which in sleep had fallen on you -
    Ye are many - they are few.

Having an awkward moment just to see how it feels.
    You try a Lens cleaner?
    ^
    Stalked by a Mod who gives 1 percent credence.

Pharaoh,

I'll see what I can do for ya. I wouldn't try a lens cleaner, I've had some bad experiences with those. I bought one for my PS1 and it didn't do jack shit. I'd recommend 2 things. I had an original Xbox and it had that whack Thompson CD drive. After a while, it failed, so I sent it back to Microsoft and it came back working good as new. It worked for about 3 months, then failed again. I think it was due to the CD drive, not Microsoft fixing it good. So I would send it back, it really didn't take that long. 2 weeks tops. At worst, you'll get 3 more months out of it, and by then it'll definitely be time to get a 360 and just about time for the PS3.

Or, if you want to stick with the original Xbox, I think you can buy a memory card, transfer your stuff onto there and get a new Xbox for dirt cheap.

My two cents.

"The Forcier is strong with this one." - Boda.

Dont all systems go to the shitters after a while?

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony
    no, Actually its that some are duds. Some arent. My Ps2 is a first generation Ps2 and it still works great. But my sisters one broke after 6 months. My brothers first xbox broke after a week. The replacement one worked with no issues after that.

As far as the lens thing on PS1. I know what you're talking about. But that was different. They make lens cleaners specifically for gaming. They didnt before. But if he doesnt wanna take that gamble. Buy those air cans used for computer dust and give your xbox an air cleaning if possible.
    ^

Really? Because I take care of my systems very good, but they always seem to crap out after two years or so. My PS1 still works for most games. Once in a while it'll have its issues. My Xbox was acting funny for a while, but then it just stopped. Oh well.

Really? Because I take care of my systems very good, but they always seem to crap out after two years or so. My PS1 still works for most games. Once in a while it'll have its issues. My Xbox was acting funny for a while, but then it just stopped. Oh well.
    Maybe i've just been plain old fortunate. I hope my string of blessed luck continues
    ^

Quote Originally Posted by Rorschach
    no, Actually its that some are duds. Some arent. My Ps2 is a first generation Ps2 and it still works great. But my sisters one broke after 6 months. My brothers first xbox broke after a week. The replacement one worked with no issues after that.

As far as the lens thing on PS1. I know what you're talking about. But that was different. They make lens cleaners specifically for gaming. They didnt before. But if he doesnt wanna take that gamble. Buy those air cans used for computer dust and give your xbox an air cleaning if possible.
    Actually, that's not recomended. Check the link I posted.
    STEW BEEF!

Yeah, I had a first generation PS2, and never had a single problem... wait, take that back, sent it in once for a disc read error on movies, fixed free of charge... But on mine compared to most, in my five years with it, I had a very minor amount of problems. Never had problems with my luck, and my 360's still holding up in the couple months I've had it. Some are peaches, some are lemons, I guess...

+ Reply to Thread