+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4
1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Next Gen Terrordome: PS3 vs. Xbox 360 vs. Wii

Next Gen Terrordome: PS3 vs. Xbox 360 vs. Wii

VS. VS.

Which system(s) will you be getting and why? Fanboys unite! (Pics in no particular size or order, LOL)

"The Forcier is strong with this one." - Boda.

Well I already have a 360 and unless the Ps3 is less money than I think it will be ($600-$700) I will pass on it. I had been hearing though that the Revolution may only be around $100-$150 and if that is the case then I will be getting one. I love the idea of getting all the original games. [smilie=2thumbsup.g:
    \"I tried to teach my dog safe sex but he kept licking off the rubbers.\"
    Larry the Cable Guy

Quote Originally Posted by WalledLakeBomber
    Well I already have a 360 and unless the Ps3 is less money than I think it will be ($600-$700) I will pass on it. I had been hearing though that the Revolution may only be around $100-$150 and if that is the case then I will be getting one. I love the idea of getting all the original games. [smilie=2thumbsup.g:
    $600-700? Really? I hadn't heard that much. I've heard some whispers about $500. About the Revolution, I guess the old games are availaible online, but for a price. I don't think they'll cost too much, but at first people were thinking they might be free online if you bought the Revolution. That is not the case.

Quote Originally Posted by Moodini31
    $600-700? Really? I hadn't heard that much. I've heard some whispers about $500. About the Revolution, I guess the old games are availaible online, but for a price. I don't think they'll cost too much, but at first people were thinking they might be free online if you bought the Revolution. That is not the case.
    Here is an article from ign.com about the price of the ps3.
    http://ps3.ign.com/articles/700/700257p1.html

They have now come out and said that is not a definitive price but more speculative. So take it for what it is worth.
    Larry the Cable Guy

There is no way the PS3 will be above 500, I can almost guarantee that. That is virtual suicide if they go any higher.

Quote Originally Posted by e-ray
    There is no way the PS3 will be above 500, I can almost guarantee that. That is virtual suicide if they go any higher.
    Yeah I agree but some stuff I have read makes me think that they don't believe that. All you have to do is look at the Neo Geo to see that type of price point does not work.
    Larry the Cable Guy

Yeah I agree but some stuff I have read makes me think that they don't believe that. All you have to do is look at the Neo Geo to see that type of price point does not work.
    Exactly-- but Sony just can't be that stupid. They've got to know what works by now.

Having an awkward moment just to see how it feels.
    Exactly-- but Sony just can't be that stupid. They've got to know what works by now.
    Of course they do. They already learned what not works watching companies like neo geo from the sidelines. Sony has NEVER...i repeat NEVER made money on the sell of their gaming systems. i dont expect them to price jump to keep from major losses. Their fan base is too big and they'll automatically sell a certain amount of systems with a fair price. The games will make up for any losses as usual.
    ^
    Stalked by a Mod who gives 1 percent credence.

Yeah, I think if the PS3 is over $500, the 360 will dominate the market. Ok, so with all of that said, e-ray and Gutz, what are your plans for this gen?

Just kickin' back on the seven seas of smoothness.
    The 360 could already be dominant in the market if they would've had them widely available since it's release.

+ Reply to Thread