+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2
FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: NCAA March Madness game

Just kickin' back on the seven seas of smoothness.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rorschach
    Quote Originally Posted by bangpow
    Quote Originally Posted by WTFchris
    cool. that's good they they are similar. If you are a Madden user and you play the 2k whatever football then the buttons are way different and it sucks. good to know.
    No they're not. In fact, this years button config on Madden mimicked the NFL 2K5 config. The only difference between them before was the speed burst and the player switch buttons on defense were switched.
    It wasnt a mimick. it was a collective mix between the two. Madden hired some of nfl 2k's staff and let them get in on some of the changes for madden. It wasnt to bite off them. It was more or less 2k having some input. it was a smart move to snatch up the staff though. Alot of creative work is gonna be need for 5 systems worth of Maddens games this coming season.
    Right, but the only difference between the two before this past year were the two buttons on defense. So, basically, it was generally easy to switch between the two games and jump right into the action.

However, the current gen Madden and the Madden 360 default controller schemes are VASTLY different.

I started a dynasty with Oregon St. Trying to get them back to elite like the Gary Payton days. So far I'm 0-1 on a 1pt loss to appalchain St. but I got a talented squad. I had 38pts including 8'3s with my Sr leader SF #11. He's good.

Though I had to suspend my C for the first 5 games of the season because he wasn't going to class. That bastard.

Quote Originally Posted by Rorschach
    cool. that's good they they are similar. If you are a Madden user and you play the 2k whatever football then the buttons are way different and it sucks. good to know.
    No they're not. In fact, this years button config on Madden mimicked the NFL 2K5 config. The only difference between them before was the speed burst and the player switch buttons on defense were switched.
    It wasnt a mimick. it was a collective mix between the two. Madden hired some of nfl 2k's staff and let them get in on some of the changes for madden. It wasnt to bite off them. It was more or less 2k having some input. it was a smart move to snatch up the staff though. Alot of creative work is gonna be need for 5 systems worth of Maddens games this coming season.
    Right, but the only difference between the two before this past year were the two buttons on defense. So, basically, it was generally easy to switch between the two games and jump right into the action.

However, the current gen Madden and the Madden 360 default controller schemes are VASTLY different.

The controls (and the entire game) of Madden on the 360 were garbage. I mean, you have to press the A button and the analog stick to the right or left to juke? Pitiful. I hated how you had to manually move the cursor on to the selected receiver you wanted to do a hot route. Sucked if you wanted to put more than 1 guy on a hot route. The graphics were great, but overall, the game sucked bad.

"The Forcier is strong with this one." - Boda.

well, i played the 2k at a friends house and it was confusing. it had a totally different passing system. at any rate, it doesn't matter. as you said the button configurations are very similar now.
    Phil Wenneck: The man purse. You actually gonna wear that or are you just fuckin' with me?
    Alan Garner: It's where I keep all my things. Get a lot of compliments on this. Plus it's not a purse, it's called a satchel. Indiana Jones wears one.

+ Reply to Thread