+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 17
FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast

Thread: The Official New and Upcoming Games Thread

Dead Rising (360). Look at the sheer number of characters on-screen.

Having an awkward moment just to see how it feels.
    you'd think the graphics be crisper to be on 360. Gamecube resident evil zombies look more defined. But the concept looks pretty interesting.
    ^
    Stalked by a Mod who gives 1 percent credence.

Quote Originally Posted by Rorschach
    you'd think the graphics be crisper to be on 360. Gamecube resident evil zombies look more defined. But the concept looks pretty interesting.
    I know, but apparently, that game's going to be more about destruction and having 50 zombies to slaughter at one time rather than four or five.

Just kickin' back on the seven seas of smoothness.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rorschach
    You know, I think the graphics on the 360 are a bit underrated. I mean, I am having a really hard time going back and playing games on the XBOX right now because I've been mainly playing my 360.

I think we've gotten to a point with graphics where we're not going to see that huge leap that we're used to, but we are going to start to see more detail oriented graphics, the small things, if you will.

i think graphics period are overrated. As pretty as your MLB 2k may look. if it aint fun its useless. Honestly in the end i'll be measuring the level of gameplay and entertaining presentation when i compare 360 and ps3 this fall.

I find it ironic that some company was smart enough to try something different on 360 , even if it does cause them to lose out on having some detailed resolution vs other hi res games on the system.
    ^

Quote Originally Posted by e-ray
    Dead Rising (360). Look at the sheer number of characters on-screen.

I just love killing zombies! [smilie=2thumbsup.g:

Been down with it ever since-

"The Forcier is strong with this one." - Boda.

Anybody feeling Final Fantasy XI for the 360? It came out today. It's not exactly gettting stellar reviews, but I played it on the PS2 and loved it. It's got to be just as good or better on the 360 right?

"The Forcier is strong with this one." - Boda.

Blah. Those graphics make me want to throw up compared to Oblivion. OK, not really, but I just don't want the game since I don't have Live, and it would therefore be a 60 dollar souvenir.

And Rorschach, please don't tell me graphics don't matter. They help attain a much higher sense of realism. I know a game can be fun without them, but with them, they're even better. And one you have a choice of "great game with subpar graphics" and "great game with great graphics," I'm going for the latter every time.

Quote Originally Posted by e-ray

And Rorschach, please don't tell me graphics don't matter. They help attain a much higher sense of realism. I know a game can be fun without them, but with them, they're even better. And one you have a choice of "great game with subpar graphics" and "great game with great graphics," I'm going for the latter every time.
    two things

1.) i never said they dont matter. just that they are overrated
    2.) ummm well there are quite a few not so great games with graphics that some consider great because of the graphics. those types of games are too plentiful in the market and get too much respect IMO.

And one more thing. You'll never get 100 percent realism in graphics. not for a long ass time. the realism is in responsive gameplay and entertaining elements. Graphics are nice. but if they are atleast solid or average, its irrelevent to the other elements.
    ^

I know we won't have 100 percent realism -- did I say we would? And I didn't say every game with great graphics had great gameplay... I am curious, though, to see what games you think are considered great based solely on their graphics?

+ Reply to Thread