+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 17
FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast

Thread: The Official New and Upcoming Games Thread

my issue is every 3rd party game I buy, I get for the 360 because of the added benefit of xbox live. I tried getting into games like warhawk and uncharted 2, but it just didnt take.

I havent been really hooked on a 1st party PS3 game since resistance.

Final fantasy XIII is really the only reason Ive kept my ps3 around, before they announced it would be ported to the 360.

Dont get me wrong, I love blu ray to death, so my ps3 gets plenty of use. I just havent used it for gaming much over the past 3 years.

BTW, God of war 3 looks every bit as good as the first two, but Im not sure if ill have the time to play it, with FFXIII coming out a week earlier. I really only have time in my day to play one game, and I'll still be working on AVP to boot. The same thing happened to me with Bioshock. As much as I wanted to play it, I never had enough time to justify the purchase.

AVP is a very underrated game, BTW. it needs online patches galore but the foundation is very solid. Puts you right in the movie atmosphere.

So it's good for fans of the movie.

If you played the first two GoW's, then you owe it to yourself to play the last one. The demo is available on PSN, pretty awesome.

Having an awkward moment just to see how it feels.
    I remain unmoved by AVP. It didnt do much to justify a 60 dollar purchase for me, maybe if it were an online only psn game for like 14.99-19.99. It's online component is ok enough to be worth that. But as a whole not a well polished game to me. Controls are ok but not great(for the aliens they are mediocre when you're trying to fluently go from ceiling to wall to floor), the level designs are average at best, and the maps probably need to be smaller for better chaos.

It seems to be hit and miss for most people. Some love it, and some are luke warm on it. I don't believe the "if you love the movies its a must buy" thing since i'm a fan of every alien/predator(even Alien Resurrection) movie besides the first AVP (i did like the more violent AVP:Requiem though). I kinda wished they woulda stuck with that Aliens: Colonial Marines game they scrapped in favor of this. With that said the game has sold well(especially in the UK) so to each his own.
    ^
    Stalked by a Mod who gives 1 percent credence.

I thought the authenticity of the game was excellent. They totally nailed every sight and sound from the movies. The controls keep it from being an A+ game, but other than that I have no real issues. I liked the maps, but thought they could have used more, and I hope they will at some point release old-school movie maps via DLC.

The marine campaign mode is awesome as a FPS horror game, albeit a tad short, and I would have liked to face more than one predator. The predator campaign I have yet to complete but I appreciate that it manages to give a totally different feel while telling a different side of the same story. I plan on trying the alien campaign after that.

So the boy took the XBox to School, so I should buy a ???
    Players meeting my ASS!

It seems like a 360 this time around. Except that it will break quicker.
    STEW BEEF!

LA Noire is going to be epic, from what I understand. I'm looking forward to it.

Daniel Licht (of Dexter fame) will be composing the soundtrack for the next Silent Hill game.

Fuck yes.

+ Reply to Thread