+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 17
1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: The Official New and Upcoming Games Thread

Having an awkward moment just to see how it feels.

The Official New and Upcoming Games Thread

Put all new/coming soon games here to keep the forum neat. Also provide screens or a link to screens if possible.

Smackdown VS Raw 2007-Multiplatform all systems. Screens from PS3

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/699/699303p1.html

^
    Stalked by a Mod who gives 1 percent credence.

Sony has announced they are in the process of creating

God of War 2

In a follow up to the classic God of War, Kratos returns this time as the God of War. Kratos has just killed Ares, and is seated upon his new throne. Clad in armor that is a stylistic mix of Ares's suit and Kratos's own protection from his days as a Spartan general, Kratos is otherwise just as players left him. Despite his remarkable achievement, however, he is unable to rest easy. Though forgiven for his deeds, he has not exorcised the demons of his past. Amid his continuing nightmares, he must come to terms with the fact the even as a part of the Olympian panthenon, he remains subservient in some ways to other gods, and he is still not immune to their twisted machinations. Even though the game begins with Kratos imbued with full powers worthy of a god, the glory doesn't last long. Other gods, affronted by the fact that a mere mortal has joined their ranks, begin to conspire against their new brother. Kratos makes it his bloody mission to go over their heads and tackle the problem by rooting out those who can command even Zeus: the three Sisters of Fate-the gods' gods. In Greek mythology, the Sisters weave the threads of fate for everything on Earth, god and mortal alike. You can be certain that it won't be a please and thank you affair.

The game's director, Cory Barlog, had this to say "It's still rooted very much in the base idea of Kratos's brutality, animal nature, and his revenge-his unbridled desire for revenge. 'You wronged me. Well, f#@* you. You're going down.'"

Oh, it's on!

My only concern is this game is supposed to come out in early 2007. The PS3 will have been out for at least 2 months, but GOW2 has been announced for the PS2. Why not push it back a ways and put it on the PS3? Oh well, I don't care. This came is BOUGHT the second it becomes available.

"The Forcier is strong with this one." - Boda.

I just pissed my pants Moodini! Wait, is that piss?

Quote Originally Posted by DrTre11
    I just pissed my pants Moodini! Wait, is that piss?
    Probably not.

In other news, April is commonly known as the "dog days" of video games. Not many new games come out in the spring. There are 2 games coming out in April that I'm very interested in.

Hitman: Blood Money-PS2

Final Fantasy XI-360

It's going to be hard for me to play either game with Oblivion lingering on my shelf (wait, it never leaves the 360). Maybe Tre can fill us in on some Hitman details. I know he found a sweet article about it. Hook us up Tre.

"The Forcier is strong with this one." - Boda.

Hitman: Bloodmoney

This is one of the most anticipated games in my life. After dominating Hitman: Contracts on every difficulty setting, I'm ready for the next Hitman. I can not wait for this game and here is the review that got me even more fired up.

In its fourth stab at the Hitman franchise, Io Interactive is adding a few new twists. As the title implies, there's going to be a financial side to Agent 47's adventures in assassination. Between missions, your performance is rated for two things: a monetary reward and your notoriety rating. If you manage to stealth your way through a mission and make all the deaths look like accidents, you'll get a newspaper with nothing but unsuspecting obituaries for your victims. You'll also get a healthy reward that you can use to buy new weapons or upgrade your arsenal with silencers, scopes, laser sights, improved firepower, and so forth.

But if you make a big noisy mess and leave lots of witnesses, you'll get less money. You might even have to pay off your agency to clean up after you. A newspaper will report the events with an artist's rendition of Agent 47. The more you mess up, the more accurate the picture will be. This is a factor of your accumulated notoriety, which determines how likely innocent bystanders are to recognize Agent 47 and freak out, as they're wont to do in the presence of a violent killer.

Io Interactive is also addressing some issues that have plagued the series. For instance, if a patrolling guard discovered the body of one of your victims, you had no way of knowing what you did wrong when the alarm was sounded. But now you get feedback through a little picture-in-picture window, giving you a better sense of the consequences of your actions.

Agent 47 has a few new moves. If he pulls out a gun, he can casually hide it behind his body until he's ready to open fire. He can also take a human shield, a tactic befitting any ruthless assassin, which will keep enemy guards from shooting back. He can even take enemy's weapons with some slick disarming moves. And if there's nothing handy, there are plenty of new improvised weapon. Io Interactive's Tore Blystad mentions that Agent 47 can even use a pen. Perhaps not as mighty as a sword, but it'll get the job done. "There are more close-combat moves to make him more interactive with other characters rather than just shooting them," says Blystad.

The thirteen missions, which are supposed to tell a much more cohesive story than the previous games, are almost entirely set in the United States. The exception in a Paris opera mission in which you have to kill a singer during a rehearsal. The levels are still full of clever solutions for you to figure out. For instance, in the opera level, the singer is shot during the course of rehearsing her death scene. If you swap the stage gun out for a real gun, you can get someone else to do your dirty work. Alternatively, there's a chandelier that you can arrange to fall at just the right moment.

In a Vegas hotel, if you set off a fire alarm, everyone on the floor with run for the exit where you can take them out en masse with a conveniently placed bomb. In a mansion in the mountains, you can shoot the bottom out of a hot tub on a high patio, plunging the hapless tubbers to their death. During a photo shoot with scantily clad models, one of them has a little dog who will blow your cover if you try to use a disguise, but if you poison the yipping beast, you'll be able to take the photographer's place. A lot of the appeal of the Hitman games is discovering these sorts of vignettes, which can easily be missed. So one of the things you'll be able to do with your blood money is buy hints that will reveal a level's tricks in all their grisly charm. Hitman Bloodmoney is set to arrive on PC, Xbox and PlayStation 2 this fall.

Having an awkward moment just to see how it feels.
    damnit i made the new games thread to keep from having a bunch of cluttered game threads.

i've seen it and it looks very nice...in a cold bloody murder sort of way
    ^
    Stalked by a Mod who gives 1 percent credence.

I've never played a Hitman game, but I'll agree in that this one looks to be very good.

I have also dominated all the Hitmans. I heard they're making a movie about it too.

Has anyone else played the Godfather game? I like it but I see how gaming snobs wouldn't, for a novice like myself it is entertaining.

It's not out for 360 yet (I don't think) but it got a shoddy review from PSM (6.5 out of 10, I think). That's the only review I've seen (I admit, I'm not really interested) for it so far. And, 360 is the only system I've got, so I can't play it yet.

As for new and upcoming games -- I'll probably be getting MLB 2k6 and I'll give the new Tomb Raider a rent -- supposedly it is pretty good.

+ Reply to Thread