+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7
FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion

Quote Originally Posted by Comrade
    Quote Originally Posted by e-ray
    If anyone gets bit by a vampire and you don't want to become one, make sure to either go to a chapel and pray at the altar or use a cure disease potion right away, or else you'll become a vampire. Which, if you don't want to be one, can be very annoying. I actually went back in my playtime a couple hours just to heal that disease because I didn't want to be a vampire. Then again, I am being a good guy this time through. Next time, I'm going to be the "bad guy," and join the Dark Brotherhood, be a vampire, and do all that. IMO, it'll be a good way to get more play out of the game than to do everything at once.

Also, whoever is talking about that crypt, is it when you follow that Thoronir guy? I've completed that quest, but I guess I didn't search the "crypt" very thoroughly... I may go back to see if I can get back in.
    Yes it is. It's stashed way next to one of the tombs.
    Comrade, how can I get back to that tomb? I did the little Thoronir mini-mission thing, but I can't remember how to get back there. Can you tell me how to get back there on the map?

Also, speaking of that Thoronir mission, I followed him, then he met that other dude, and started following him back to his house. It said for me to wait until he's gone and then investigate his house. But I wait until he leaves, then I lockpick his door. I walk around in there for a little bit, but then all of a sudden a guard comes in and arrests me everytime.

Can anyone help me out on either of these things?

"The Forcier is strong with this one." - Boda.

rollin through your neighborhood, middle finger up
    That should be able to run it. Maybe not blistering fast, but it's workable. Did you upgrade your videocard drivers?
    thats what im sayin, not great but not one frame per second either. i have the newest drivers, then tried the beta drivers... freshly reformatted pc as of about a week ago, defragged the hard drive, everything is tuned as well as can be. OC'd my graphics card too, did nothing for me. it has to be some disagreement between my pc and the game since i can run other pc-intensive games at decent quality settings but dont even see a performance change with oblivion when i play with the quality settings. i can play nfs:most wanted at 800x600 with 4x FSAA, doom 3 at 1024x768, quake 4 at 1024x768, yet cant get oblivion going at 640x480 faster than 1fps. [smilie=angry.gif]

Yeah, something's not right there, UxKa... Not something I'll be able to help with, though, as I'm not that computer smart...

Mood, you've got to pick when a guard's not looking, or even around.

Quote Originally Posted by Moodini31
    If anyone gets bit by a vampire and you don't want to become one, make sure to either go to a chapel and pray at the altar or use a cure disease potion right away, or else you'll become a vampire. Which, if you don't want to be one, can be very annoying. I actually went back in my playtime a couple hours just to heal that disease because I didn't want to be a vampire. Then again, I am being a good guy this time through. Next time, I'm going to be the "bad guy," and join the Dark Brotherhood, be a vampire, and do all that. IMO, it'll be a good way to get more play out of the game than to do everything at once.

Also, whoever is talking about that crypt, is it when you follow that Thoronir guy? I've completed that quest, but I guess I didn't search the "crypt" very thoroughly... I may go back to see if I can get back in.
    Yes it is. It's stashed way next to one of the tombs.
    Comrade, how can I get back to that tomb? I did the little Thoronir mini-mission thing, but I can't remember how to get back there. Can you tell me how to get back there on the map?

Also, speaking of that Thoronir mission, I followed him, then he met that other dude, and started following him back to his house. It said for me to wait until he's gone and then investigate his house. But I wait until he leaves, then I lockpick his door. I walk around in there for a little bit, but then all of a sudden a guard comes in and arrests me everytime.

Can anyone help me out on either of these things?

I fired up my PC version and went and did the quest to show ya. You want to go to the Imperial Palace sector. Then you find the tomb, here is a map of it:

In there, on the western wall, is a tomb of a guy named Calliben Trentius. As seen here:

Stashed behind his tomb is his weapon, Calliben's Grim Retort. Seen here:

If anything, it's a shit ton of money for you start with.

By the way, if you're at least level 10 there is a Daedric quest that gives you a lockpick that never breaks and +40 security skill.

comrade

Thanks a lot man. Much more than I expected. Sorry bro, but just so you know, I'll be coming to you for every question I have for the rest of the game. [smilie=2thumbsup.g:

So where are you guys at now? I just completed the side quest where you go to figure out the bloodlines of the Arena champion. I went all the way out west, went through a dungeon fighting off killer timberwolves and that cat didn't give me jack when I came back to him. He just side here is a good move, move, parry, and attack? What the crap is that? Did he train me in some way?

Also, I haven't done anything in the main storyline in about 2 weeks. All I do is murder people for the dark brotherhood and do side quests. Super tight! [smilie=2thumbsup.g:

Yeah, Mood, after you do that quest, a couple of your attributes are permanently fortified. It said at the top of the screen as he was telling you "Here's a good move, blah blah blah..."

Where am I right now? I've finished much of the main quest, and am the Arena Grand Champion, and am starting to do some quests for the Fighters' Guild now. It's hard to describe your current point in the game, I've found.

Yeah, Mood, after you do that quest, a couple of your attributes are permanently fortified. It said at the top of the screen as he was telling you "Here's a good move, blah blah blah..."

Where am I right now? I've finished much of the main quest, and am the Arena Grand Champion, and am starting to do some quests for the Fighters' Guild now. It's hard to describe your current point in the game, I've found.
    Thanks. After you said that, I went and checked and I think my blade, athletics, and something else was fortified. What exactly does fortified mean? Improved permanently?

Also, does anyone know of any helpful websites with FAQs, walkthroughs and that kind of stuff? I want to know what some of these spells and stuff do before I buy them.

Comrade, e-ray, anyone, do you know how to complete the quest where you offer the Brandy to Sanguine and he tells you to go to Leyawin and cast a spell on the Countess at the dinner party? The guard at the door keeps telling me I don't look fancy enough to get in, even though I bought the fanciest outfit I could find from the market district.

Any ideas?

I found a great walkthrough website for this game, I mean, it has it all.

http://faqs.ign.com/articles/699/699093p1.html

+ Reply to Thread