+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7
FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion

Right now I am working on getting all of my reccomendations from the mages guild so I can be admitted to Arcane University. Once I am admitted I can start to train and develop more powerful potions. This game has so much shit going on that I have not even played any of the main story in almost a week. [smilie=2thumbsup.g:
    \"I tried to teach my dog safe sex but he kept licking off the rubbers.\"
    Larry the Cable Guy

Quote Originally Posted by Comrade
    I'm Master of the Fighters Guild and Champion of the Arena so far. If any of you use Blunt weapons, goto the Market District in the Imperial City. Talk to some of the merchants around there and they'll tell you about a certain merchant that is selling stuff cheaper than it is the make it. Eventually it will lead you a crypt where there is a hidden (badass) mace next to a tomb.
    Do you have to listen into their conversations first or will they just offer up the info.
    Larry the Cable Guy

I've decided to only use blade, as it seems that leveling both blunt and blade up would be a bit of a waste, IMO. I just wish I would've recognized that when choosing my major skills.

Quote Originally Posted by e-ray
    I've decided to only use blade, as it seems that leveling both blunt and blade up would be a bit of a waste, IMO. I just wish I would've recognized that when choosing my major skills.
    I am kinda running into the same problem. I did a poor choice of picking my major skills so I am not leveling up like I should. Live and learn I guess. Has anybody completed any of the Daedric Shrine side quests yet. I don't have the level necessary yet to attempt them.
    Larry the Cable Guy

Quote Originally Posted by WalledLakeBomber
    Quote Originally Posted by Comrade
    I'm Master of the Fighters Guild and Champion of the Arena so far. If any of you use Blunt weapons, goto the Market District in the Imperial City. Talk to some of the merchants around there and they'll tell you about a certain merchant that is selling stuff cheaper than it is the make it. Eventually it will lead you a crypt where there is a hidden (badass) mace next to a tomb.
    Do you have to listen into their conversations first or will they just offer up the info.
    They will just offer it up. It's certain merchants, they will eventually tell you to go talk to another one who will offer to pay you to tail him and find out how he is getting his merchandise.

You also get a pretty nifty sword, and some decent loot.

If anyone gets bit by a vampire and you don't want to become one, make sure to either go to a chapel and pray at the altar or use a cure disease potion right away, or else you'll become a vampire. Which, if you don't want to be one, can be very annoying. I actually went back in my playtime a couple hours just to heal that disease because I didn't want to be a vampire. Then again, I am being a good guy this time through. Next time, I'm going to be the "bad guy," and join the Dark Brotherhood, be a vampire, and do all that. IMO, it'll be a good way to get more play out of the game than to do everything at once.

Also, whoever is talking about that crypt, is it when you follow that Thoronir guy? I've completed that quest, but I guess I didn't search the "crypt" very thoroughly... I may go back to see if I can get back in.

rollin through your neighborhood, middle finger up
    what are your system specs? my pc doesnt want to run the game well at all which is sad considering i can play fear, q4, doom3, etc etc.

asus a7n8x-e
    amd 3200
    1g ram
    80g + 120g sata hd
    nvidia 5200fx 256MB

its probably my sad lil 5200 lol but i was thinking maybe i have something set up weird... it lags like crazy just trying to create a character which is pretty sad. i tried that nvidia mouse-lag fix but that didnt help either.

Yeah, your card needs a major overhaul-- Your processor might be alright. I don't know for sure, because I have it for the 360.

If anyone gets bit by a vampire and you don't want to become one, make sure to either go to a chapel and pray at the altar or use a cure disease potion right away, or else you'll become a vampire. Which, if you don't want to be one, can be very annoying. I actually went back in my playtime a couple hours just to heal that disease because I didn't want to be a vampire. Then again, I am being a good guy this time through. Next time, I'm going to be the "bad guy," and join the Dark Brotherhood, be a vampire, and do all that. IMO, it'll be a good way to get more play out of the game than to do everything at once.

Also, whoever is talking about that crypt, is it when you follow that Thoronir guy? I've completed that quest, but I guess I didn't search the "crypt" very thoroughly... I may go back to see if I can get back in.
    Yes it is. It's stashed way next to one of the tombs.

Quote Originally Posted by UxKa
    what are your system specs? my pc doesnt want to run the game well at all which is sad considering i can play fear, q4, doom3, etc etc.

asus a7n8x-e
    amd 3200
    1g ram
    80g + 120g sata hd
    nvidia 5200fx 256MB

its probably my sad lil 5200 lol but i was thinking maybe i have something set up weird... it lags like crazy just trying to create a character which is pretty sad. i tried that nvidia mouse-lag fix but that didnt help either.
    That should be able to run it. Maybe not blistering fast, but it's workable. Did you upgrade your videocard drivers?

+ Reply to Thread