+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7
1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion

Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion

First off, this game is freaking great, and this thread can be for hype/dicussion/help or whatever. But, I need some help. I'm in this underground cave thing called the Vilverin Wendesel. For those of you who've played this part, I'm just past where the swinging axes from the ceiling are. There is a door that is hard to lockpick and it says I could use a key too. There is another door that is easy to lockpick, but I don't have any more lockpicks. And, if I go back, I'm pretty sure there's a door that closed behind me that I'm not able to open. Am I screwed? Does anyone have any lockpicking tips too? I'm burning those things like no other.

"The Forcier is strong with this one." - Boda.

Is this a mission? Or are you just dungeon crawling?

And with lockpicking, ignore the sound and watch the tumbler. You'll notice that they go up at 2 different speeds. It might take some work to recognize it, but you want to wait until it goes up "slow", then you know it's going to stick.

I guess I don't get lockpicking. There's like 3 gaps to hit and I hit one up there and I can't get to the others. I just keep randomly hitting them up there and pressing X, burning all of my lockpicks. Help a brotha out!

Yeah, I'm not doing so hot on lockpicking either. You have to hit one up there, Mood, and then you have to press A to get it to stick. Then you move to the others.

And Comrade, thanks for the tip. I'll look for it.

Thanks e. I wasn't pressing A at all. I'll give that a shot.

How many people here are playing this game? I think it would be cool to get a discussion going and clue each other in if we find any tight stuff so we dont' miss anything.

I just joined The Dark Brotherhood. It's an assassin ring. To get in, you need to murder a civilian and then go to sleep. A visitor will come speak to you in your dreams. You will be given a target to assassinate, and if you do, go sleep again and you will be admitted. Super sweeet!

The best non-echanted weapon I've found so far is the Honorblade of Chorrol, which does 15 damage. What about everybody else?

Quote Originally Posted by e-ray
    The best non-echanted weapon I've found so far is the Honorblade of Chorrol, which does 15 damage. What about everybody else?
    Where did you find that e? I'm still rolling with the Samurai sword I got from when I joined The Blades. I think it does like 5 damage.

I don't remember for sure. I was waiting in Chorrol at night near the castle, and some dude came to me during my wait. He gave me the mission. For the mission, I was supposed to return the sword to him, but it is so nice that I'm keeping it. I'll check my log and I'll let you know if I find the location of it.

I'm Master of the Fighters Guild and Champion of the Arena so far. If any of you use Blunt weapons, goto the Market District in the Imperial City. Talk to some of the merchants around there and they'll tell you about a certain merchant that is selling stuff cheaper than it is the make it. Eventually it will lead you a crypt where there is a hidden (badass) mace next to a tomb.

+ Reply to Thread