+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 37
FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: So, what are you playing?

The Godfather and Oblivion. Oblivion is quite possibly the coolest game I've played in over a decade. Believe the hype folks.

Quote Originally Posted by NoFlyZone
    Currently, I'm playing Ghost Recon: Advanced Warfighter, NBA 2k6, Fight Night, and Burnout Revenge.

How is Oblivion? I see that it is getting hella good reviews. I'm usually not much of a RPG fan, but I might have to give it a run. Plus, EBGames is running a deal where if you trade in two 360 games you can get a free game. I'm thinking Madden is gone. I just can't decide whether to get rid of DOA4 or COD2. Hmmm...
    I traded in CoD2 and NBA 2k6 (played the shit out of it), so my remaining games are College Hoops, FNR3, and now Oblivion. Right now, Oblivion's getting all the burn. Anyhow, umm, EB ended the deal in my area at least, so I'd go to Gamestop first (I believe they're running the same deal). But yeah, Oblivion is unbelievable (hardly a typical RPG in any sense, more along the lines of an Action-RPG such as Baldur's Gate, in my opinion).

And hell yeah, Rorschach, that is one fine she-cat.

Having an awkward moment just to see how it feels.
    Quote Originally Posted by e-ray
    And hell yeah, Rorschach, that is one fine she-cat.
    damn you need a video game break. you're one all night gaming session away from thinking the ogre chicks are hot.
    ^
    Stalked by a Mod who gives 1 percent credence.

hardly a typical RPG in any sense, more along the lines of an Action-RPG such as Baldur's Gate
    I LOVED Baldur's Gate...that game was sick. Never got into Neverwinter Nights at all though. Back to Oblivion, the things you can do in this game are almost limitless. That type of game can overwhelm some people, but I just roll with it. I'd give it a 4/5.

PS2 is all I need

Currently playing:

Resident Evil: Code Veronica X
    Xenosaga, Episode 1: Der Wille zur Macht
    NBA2K6
    Spider-Man

Just kickin' back on the seven seas of smoothness.
    College Hoops 2K6 (XBOX 360), with fully named rosters.

Thanks, XChange 360.

Quote Originally Posted by bangpow

Thanks, XChange 360.

Bangpow, I know you got the Xchange, but how did you get the rosters. I'm thinking about hooking that up.

"The Forcier is strong with this one." - Boda.

OMG, I just bought Oblivion... Seriously, there is not enough time in my life for all these great games that keep rolling out. I mean GRAW is an unreal game. When people ask me about GRAW i explain that it is Socom only on steroids and ecstacy combined! And Socom was unreal! But what is more insane is that as good as the game is I am not getting a chance to play it as awesome game after awesome game keeps rolling out. Am I the only one that feels like they can't keep up with their video game hobby?

Just kickin' back on the seven seas of smoothness.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moodini31
    Quote Originally Posted by bangpow

Thanks, XChange 360.

Bangpow, I know you got the Xchange, but how did you get the rosters. I'm thinking about hooking that up.
    http://www.fkrosters.com

edit: The link doesn't seem to work on his front page, so go here (you have to sign up to the forums:

http://fkrosters.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=661

This guy, Fairdale Kings, is the man when it comes to college rosters. Last year he got NCAA 2006 early, like we did, and he had the named rosters ready for download on the day the game was released. It's kind of scary because I don't really know what else he does because he does a ton of work on rosters, but whatever, he's a good guy and vital to the community.

NFZ, I just got Oblivion a little bit ago too, and it's really all I can get into my 360 right now. Man, the sheer depth of this game in unrivaled in video game history. The maap is massive and you are free to go anywhere you please. The detail is also phenomenal. You can go into a random cavern in the middle of nowhere and you will find bonfires, crates, jars, and jugs with useful items in them. You'll also find detailed architecture in random dungeons like archways and intricate cracking in brick walls. WOW!

I haven't even mentioned the gameplay yet. The first person camera is very original and really works. Again, back to the depth thing, you can play through the main story mode (which is huge fun) in about 30-40 hours, but if you choose to do side missions (like join the Dark Brotherhood, like me), and explore, you'll be putting in 120+ hours!Reeeediculous.

120+ hours of fun for 60 bucks!?

"The Forcier is strong with this one." - Boda.

+ Reply to Thread