+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7
1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Who are your favorite/least favorite comics? (merged)

Blog Entries

Who are your favorite/least favorite comics? (merged)

I've got XM, so I've been listening to the comedy channel quite a bit on my commute.

I've always been a big fans of guys like Jake Johanssen and Steven Wright, but the guy that I'm really digging right now is Mitch Fatel. The guy is insane. I just heard "Finger in your ass" and I was dying.

I'll try and find some mp3s of his stuff so you guys that haven't seen/heard him can check him out.

I can't stand any of the "blue collar guys" (Larry the Cable Guy, Foxworthy, etc), that's definitely not my thing.

Of course you've got all the old favorites, Pryor, Carlin, Steve Martin, etc.

Who are some of your favorites?
    Find a new slant.

Lately? Bill Burr...check this shit out:

http://www.myspace.com/billburr

Having an awkward moment just to see how it feels.
    Richard pryor, chris tucker, dave chapelle, red foxx, sinbad, faizon love, chris rock, margaret cho(though she had a couple shows that werent as good as others), sam kinison, rodney dangerfield, and martin lawrence i guess.
    ^
    Stalked by a Mod who gives 1 percent credence.

Miss Scarlett, in the Champagne Room, with the glock!
    Chris Rock makes me pee!

Quote Originally Posted by Rorschach
    Richard pryor, chris tucker, dave chapelle, red foxx, sinbad, faizon love, chris rock, margaret cho(though she had a couple shows that werent as good as others), sam kinison, rodney dangerfield, and martin lawrence i guess.
    Agreed with this list.

I've come to the conclusion that most white comedians are terrible.

Re: Who are your favorite stand up comedians?

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn
    I've got XM, so I've been listening to the comedy channel quite a bit on my commute.

I've always been a big fans of guys like Jake Johanssen and Steven Wright, but the guy that I'm really digging right now is Mitch Fatel. The guy is insane. I just heard "Finger in your ass" and I was dying.

I'll try and find some mp3s of his stuff so you guys that haven't seen/heard him can check him out.

I can't stand any of the "blue collar guys" (Larry the Cable Guy, Foxworthy, etc), that's definitely not my thing.

Of course you've got all the old favorites, Pryor, Carlin, Steve Martin, etc.

Who are some of your favorites?
    I have seen Mitch Fatel live twice. Both times in Vegas and 3 years apart. Very funny show except the second time I saw him it was the same jokes as the first time even though 3 years had passed. I still laughed my ass off.

i've been meaning to listen to some old Richard Pryor stuff. i was listening to Eddie Murphy stuff a while back and it was friggin hilarious. i hear he modelled his stuff off of Pryor.

Having an awkward moment just to see how it feels.
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt
    i've been meaning to listen to some old Richard Pryor stuff. i was listening to Eddie Murphy stuff a while back and it was friggin hilarious. i hear he modelled his stuff off of Pryor.
    Eddie's old stuff is magic. but nothing's fucking with Pryor. his manorisms, timing, and jokes were great to me. To be as good as he was though, you'd have to live a really fucked up life.
    ^
    Stalked by a Mod who gives 1 percent credence.

1. Chris Rock
    2. Robin Williams
    3. Eddie Murphy
    4. Richard Pryor
    5. Bill Cosby
    6. Dave Chapelle
    7. Jerry Seinfeld
    8. Rodney Dangerfield
    9. Ellen DeGeneres
    10. Andrew "Dice" Clay

Syndicate Emeritus, Site Co-Founder Taymelo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MOLA1
    1. Chris Rock
    2. Robin Williams
    3. Eddie Murphy
    4. Richard Pryor
    5. Bill Cosby
    6. Dave Chapelle
    7. Jerry Seinfeld
    8. Rodney Dangerfield
    9. Ellen DeGeneres
    10. Andrew "Dice" Clay

Quote Originally Posted by WH Press Sec. Tony Snow
    The President is opposed to (actually testing embryos before simply throwing them out), because the president is opposed to murder.
    Quote Originally Posted by Taymelo
    Wait. Throwing them out is not murder, but testing them before throwing them out is murder? WTF, George?

+ Reply to Thread