+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2
1 2 LastLast

Thread: Worst Decisions in Video Game History

Worst Decisions in Video Game History

The videogame industry is certainly not perfect. There have been a ton of mistakes and we're here to tell you about them.

The video game industry, let's face it, is not a perfect place. As alive as it is with quality software and great system hardware, there are mistakes that are made that leave the competition reeling and gamers fleeing for better pastures. Here now is a list of some of the most significant mistakes to come down the pike in the industry. I'm sure you're likely to reflect with some of these mistakes, and may even have them somewhere in your gaming collection.
    http://www.gamerfeed.com/gf/features/929/

Having an awkward moment just to see how it feels.
    my 3 favorites were the early release of saturn(i always felt sega was gonna be eventually doomed), nintendo licenses used to make trash game on the phillips cd-i , and that ho ass microsoft xbox controller(which still isnt completely right IMO).
    ^
    Stalked by a Mod who gives 1 percent credence.

Blog Entries
    Maybe this should go in the "I was wrong" thread, but I owned a Phillips CD-I.

Sold it in a garage sale last year for $50.
    Find a new slant.

Should I know what a Phillips CD-I is?

Blog Entries
    Sure, as long as you aren't spending any money on it, it's harmless.

Google it up.

The fact that they had Phil Hartman as a spokesperson should have been a 'dead" giveaway that the thing was a bust (no pun intended).
    Find a new slant.

Oh no. I was figuring it was something older like the first atari or something.

Blog Entries
    I had the wireless remote, and mine was a different model because it didn't look like that. Mine just looked like a CD player.

Dragon's Lair was pretty sweet, I'll admit, exactly like the arcade version.

I also had a golf game where the commentators had about 4 different phrases that they just kept repeating.

Can't remember what other games I had, I think one was called A Day at the Races (a horse racing game). It actually had live video of Mickey Rooney in it. There was also a game called Kether (outer space thing of some sort).

The whole package that I bought retailed for about $800, but I got it for about $400 with my Service Merchandise employee discount back in '93 maybe?
    Find a new slant.

$800 for that? Even $400.....wow.

I miss the sega Dreamcast
    So much potential.
    Damn you sony

Having an awkward moment just to see how it feels.
    Quote Originally Posted by Anthony
    $800 for that? Even $400.....wow.

I miss the sega Dreamcast
    So much potential.
    Damn you sony
    it wasnt sony's fault. they came out premature and alot of the software companies didnt like the coding to create games on it. Either way sega was just not good at making high selling systems outside of the genesis. the saturn bankrupted because they already had failures and losses on the 32x, game gear, and sega cd.
    ^
    Stalked by a Mod who gives 1 percent credence.

+ Reply to Thread