+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4
FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Good For Harrington

Having an awkward moment just to see how it feels.

Re: Good For Harrington

Quote Originally Posted by Taymelo
    Quote Originally Posted by Glenn
    Apologist^

Although I have to say that it's nice to see him finally showing that he's not a robot ("We'll learn from this loss" yadda, yadda). It's just a little too late.

According to sources, Harrington told team officials during an emotional exchange that "I hate everybody on this team and everybody hates me."
    I'm surprised that they left off the part about him running into his room and slamming the door afterwards.
    Why? Is it LESS mature than what Bly did?

"You can't blame one guy for the state of the team, especially since its all one guy's fault - - - Joey!"
    i'm giving the scoring point to taymelo. Bly was grown and joey is a baby? rrriiiggghhhtt
    ^
    Stalked by a Mod who gives 1 percent credence.

Having an awkward moment just to see how it feels.
    Quote Originally Posted by Glenn
    To be honest, I thought Harrington was done in Detroit for good once Garcia took the job from him. .
    im sorry but "took". last i checked it was like anything else with lions qb's. the crowd calls for the backup who sucks and the coach breaks down or in some cases wanted to breakdown...As far as i see mariuccia played ya'll. he did the old"i'll sign my old worthless guy and watch the crowd beg for him, because thats what they do"...and the same fucks chanted for joey after garcia sucked monkey balls. i hope he plays the lions this year and lights bly up. so bly blame the current qb for losing.
    ^
    Stalked by a Mod who gives 1 percent credence.

Uh, this is a killer article. Its Lions propaganda. He's pracitally on the damn payroll. Joey didn't say this shit to the media, hell, he likely never said it at all, Bly went on fucking TV and radio and called Joey the root of the problems, and now joey is quoted by "Lions sources" in an Mlive piece and you dopes are trying to compare it.

Killer's hardly a plant. He's pissed off management and been cold shouldered by the Lions plenty. And it being on MLive is a plus to its credibility IMO, its not like the Freep or News are bastions of sports investigative reporting. Or are you a huge Oakland Press fan?
    STEW BEEF!

Quote Originally Posted by Fool
    Killer's hardly a plant. He's pissed off management and been cold shouldered by the Lions plenty. And it being on MLive is a plus to its credibility IMO, its not like the Freep or News are bastions of sports investigative reporting. Or are you a huge Oakland Press fan?
    Everything I understand is Killer is an "insider" based on Millen's regime bringing him in in order to have a mouthpiece. Might as well have Tom Lewand write. This has been going on for years. Same thing the huge black guy from KC used to do until he got a spine, wrote one negaitve piece, and was cast out by the team. Now all he writes is Chiefs slander.

No idea what the OP reference is, never read it. Is it tabloid?

Quote Originally Posted by Drizzt Do'Urden
    Bly is a nickel CB and that's about it.
    I wouldn't go that far. Personally I think he's a top 10-15 CB.

Was Joey eating strawberries and drinking champagne during his tirade?

Quote Originally Posted by Hermy
    Everything I understand is Killer is an "insider" based on Millen's regime bringing him in in order to have a mouthpiece. Might as well have Tom Lewand write. This has been going on for years. Same thing the huge black guy from KC used to do until he got a spine, wrote one negaitve piece, and was cast out by the team. Now all he writes is Chiefs slander.

I don't doubt that the Lions feed Killer, but I don't think he's a pass through either. I think its always a safe play to take unnamed sources with a grain of salt and its not like Detroit teams/media are unfamiliar with trashing a guy about to leave town (and we, as a sports town, do seem to eat that shit up). Either way bashing Taymelo is usually a safe play.

As for the OP: http://www.theoaklandpress.com
    I'd love to call it the paper that even the guys that the News and Freep think are hacks get jobs, but thats giving those papers (and a many of their sports writers) too much credit. Instead I'll just say that Pat Caputo and Dana Gauruder write for it.
    STEW BEEF!

Quote Originally Posted by Hermy

I don't doubt that the Lions feed Killer, but I don't think he's a pass through either. I think its always a safe play to take unnamed sources with a grain of salt and its not like Detroit teams are unfamiliar with trashing a guy about to leave town (and we, as a sports town, do seem to eat that shit up). Either way bashing Taymelo is usually a safe play.

As for the OP: http://www.theoaklandpress.com
    I'd love to call it the paper that even the guys that the News and Freep think are hacks get jobs, but thats giving those papers (and a many of their sports writers) too much credit. Instead I'll just say that Pat Caputo writes for it.
    Actually as I stretch my legs this morning, the "guys I know who know" are telling me all this stuff is true, though one can quesiton the timing of Killer releasing it now that the Lions have reason to hate on Joey. Its no different than how JoeD uses McClosky and ASB, gives em the bits so they can be the first to break when we deal Dupree, and in exchange they let the organization put out a PR piece of the month with their name.

I've seen OP stuff posted on boardss before, but never ventured out. Being a westsider I know not the joy of Mr. Caputo who I understand knows one sport reasonably well and fluffs 5 others while broaching foolish trade ideas. I will however trade you Bill "huge" Simmonson for him and and intern in a second.

PS- the KC writer was Jason whittlock

Yeah, I figured out the KC writer though adding that he can't write an article without calling someone a racist nowadays would have made it a little too obvious.

I guess I'm in the same boat with "huge" as you are with "the book". I've heard of him and his idiocy (usually racial unless I'm confusing him with someone) but never listened to him myself. I'd do that trade if you consider Doug Karch or Jaimie Samuelson an intern.
    STEW BEEF!

Yeah, I figured out the KC writer though adding that he can't write an article without calling someone a racist nowadays would have made it a little too obvious.

I guess I'm in the same boat with "huge" as you are with "the book". I've heard of him and his idiocy (usually racial unless I'm confusing him with someone) but never listened to him myself. I'd do that trade if you consider Doug Karch or Jaimie Samuelson an intern.
    Yup, he's the racist who can't go an hour without mentioning how many "black friends" he has. Pick the intern, I'm just gonna have em chase down my loose rebouds.

+ Reply to Thread