+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 13
FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: PS3 Set for Simultaneous Worldwide Release This Fall

Having an awkward moment just to see how it feels.
    ah, they are sticking with the same controller. cool. no adjustment period required.
    ^
    Stalked by a Mod who gives 1 percent credence.

$500 bucks! That's Ludacris! I'm not paying that crap! And they didn't change the controller at all? I didn't mind the old one, but I was just hoping for a new look. I kind of liked the "boomerang" idea.

I think I'm going to be rolling with the 360 for a long time.

"The Forcier is strong with this one." - Boda.

Having an awkward moment just to see how it feels.
    i'm cool with sticking to the consistent controller. though i heard the boomerang one will be available at some point for separate buying.
    ^
    Stalked by a Mod who gives 1 percent credence.

I am absolutely thrilled about the controller decision. Awesome choices there, IMO. However, the pricing should be down 100 each in order to compete with 360's launch pricing, in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by e-ray
    I am absolutely thrilled about the controller decision. Awesome choices there, IMO. However, the pricing should be down 100 each in order to compete with 360's launch pricing, in my opinion.
    Agreed 100%.

I think that there should be SOMETHING different about the controller though.
    It's true that it's a hard controller to improve, but it could be a different
    material or even have a slightly different shape. Maybe the boomerang, but
    not full fledged. Perhaps a hybrid of the two? Other than that, I'm in!!!!

Tekken6 is going to be fucking SICK!!!!!!!!!!!

Well, the controller hasn't changed in shape-- and I say if it's not broke, don't fix it. It was one of the most, if not the most, comfortable controllers last gen. It is supposedly tremendously lighter now as well and wireless and it now has tilt/motion sensors, but no rumble anymore (which I am fine with- I don't think it added too much to games outside of FPS's). Those are enough modifications for me.

I am actually pretty disappointed with Sony.

The console is too expensive to start ($499 for the 20GB version and $599 for the 60GB version). But the thing that pisses me off is the fact that the basic version is missing MemoryStick/SD/CompactFlash slots, the built-in WiFi and the HDMI port. So if you want the complete version, you HAVE to get the $599 version.

At least Microsoft offered all the features in both their systems, except the HD which can easily be added to the Core system. On the other hand, with Sony you can't add anything if you buy the basic version.

I think Sony really blew it. The changes they've made to the original spec (the controller, the twin-display support, etc.) have a faint whiff of desperation around them.

I think I've been priced right out of the market. I just don't care enough about it to drop 4-6 hundy on the box.
    STEW BEEF!

+ Reply to Thread