+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 13
FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: PS3 Set for Simultaneous Worldwide Release This Fall

Having an awkward moment just to see how it feels.
    Quote Originally Posted by e-ray
    50 gig? Holy shitballs. You should be able to save your game right on the disc now. Not bloody likely, however.
    Click the image to view the full version
    The image above has been resized. Click on it to see the full version.

actually there will be a few options.
    The PlayStation 3 comes with an array of data storage and transfer features. Whereas the PlayStation 2 only supported a memory card and the optional hard drive attachment (for a brief time), the PlayStation 3 supports numerous forms of portable media. The PlayStation 3 has 6 USB 2.0 ports, a memory stick slot, an SD slot, and, in stark contrast to many of Sony’s other consumer electronics products, the system actually supports compact flash. Sony even saved a space for a removable 2.5” hard drive.
    hmm is xbox doing direct to disc saves on 360? since they carry 25 gigs which isnt too shabby either and plenty of space to do so.

like i said before i may end up buying a 360 this fall,but i'll measure them both up to each other fairly before i choose what i roll with.
    Last edited by MOLA1; 04-26-2006 at 03:45 PM.
    ^
    Stalked by a Mod who gives 1 percent credence.

That's cool. I wouldn't mind using the memory stick I already own to save my PS3 stuff on.
    STEW BEEF!

Quote Originally Posted by Fool
    That's cool. I wouldn't mind using the memory stick I already own to save my PS3 stuff on.
    also much like i can do with my psp i do like the usb option to store it on my computer.

But i'm still wondering what type of memory they expand on gaming wise. As far as the effect on backgrounds and maybe the size of them. Like how big could you make a seemless GTA free roam?
    ^

Quote Originally Posted by Rorschach
    50 gig? Holy shitballs. You should be able to save your game right on the disc now. Not bloody likely, however.
    hmm is xbox doing direct to disc saves on 360? since they carry 25 gigs which isnt too shabby either and plenty of space to do so.
    Dude, whoa. I'm a PS fan also, chill. I was just thinking out loud... er.. onto a keyboard.

Quote Originally Posted by Rorschach
    Dude, whoa. I'm a PS fan also, chill. I was just thinking out loud... er.. onto a keyboard.
    im also just messing with ya. loosen up e-ray.
    ^

<< some people get like that about consoles, and I'm glad you're not one of them.

What's everyone's guess on the cost?

<< some people get like that about consoles, and I'm glad you're not one of them.

No word on consumer cost yet, but there is all kinds of stuff out about cost to manufacture.
    http://news.com.com/PlayStation+3+co...tml?tag=st.num

I'm guessing they can't get away with anything more then a 100 over the current price fo the 360 when the PS3 is launched.
    STEW BEEF!

Quote Originally Posted by Fool

No word on consumer cost yet, but there is all kinds of stuff out about cost to manufacture.
    http://news.com.com/PlayStation+3+co...tml?tag=st.num

I'm guessing they can't get away with anything more then a 100 over the current price fo the 360 when the PS3 is launched.
    possibly. remember that sony is willing to take a hit on the price to get systems into peoples hands.
    ^

Yeah that's mandatory this generation. Gone are the days when companies made profits off the hardware of consoles.

That link puts the pice tag between $800-$900 to make per system. Eating production cost is mandatory, its about how much they are willing to eat. M$ has eaten cost with both the Xbox and the 360.
    STEW BEEF!

for all ps3 updates keep up with this link.

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/697/697658p1.html
    ^

+ Reply to Thread