+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 13
FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 LastLast

Thread: PS3 Set for Simultaneous Worldwide Release This Fall

Having an awkward moment just to see how it feels.

Thumbs down

unfortunately i dont feel too enthused about halo and gears of war(two games that much different in genres) vs resident evil, socom, final fantasy, god of war, and many other sony franchises that will make their way to ps3. Xbox please show me more than this in your exclusive archive. Seriously. i'll stay indecisive until next year. but at the moment xbox hasnt really jumped up at me with its exclusive lineup so far. only thing thats even caught my attention was its exclusive online feature for gta 4...but thats not enough.

And maybe i'm not with the cool nerd crowd, but gears of war and halo arent about to lock me up on a 360.
    ^
    Stalked by a Mod who gives 1 percent credence.

Mass Effect. Lost Planet. BioShock.

That's just off the top of my head, check out the trailers and movies for them.

unproven, but they look sharp. again 360 touts having 100 games now and the lineup hasnt jumped out at me so far so i'm not all that hyped for unknown upcoming franchises. PS3 hasn't shown much outside of resistance so far. So I'm stuck comparing the franchises I know will be on each system's exclusive lineup in the next year. Right now Sony has the edge to me there. I'll try out the games you listed over my friends house if they come out this year. But dont know what to expect honestly. Once again i'm just out of the FPS loop. FPS are good to have, but they can't sell me on a system.
    ^

That's true. I wish the 360 had more than shooters. A couple of good RPG's would be wonderful...

they have oblivion. but so will PS3. canceled out. Square Enix seems to be more dedicated to sony still, and thats a big deal IMO. But honestly the games i love right now are the new socom: allied assault(i love it), ff12, scarface, MGS3 subsistence, and resident Evil 4. with those getting my attention at the moment. dont see what good a 360 does me. they have to lock up those franchises, and they still haven't. And one franchise(ninja gaiden) i did like on xbox is working both systems now. So right now the onlt xbox only franchise that i like is the star wars knights of the old republic series. Though i wonder if that'll be on both systems too.

but as far as next gen goes the games that grabbed me were.

Stranglehold(both systems)
    FNR3(both systems)
    Madden(both systems)
    FF13(sony only)
    FF7 remake (Sony only)
    GTA4(both systems, exclusive content on 360)
    MGS4(Sony Only at the moment)
    Resistance(Sony only)
    call of duty 3(both systems)
    Halo 3 (360 only)
    Devil May Cry 4(Sony only)
    Def Jam Icon(both systems)
    Tekken 6(sony only)
    virtual tennis 3(both systems)
    Star Wars Next Gen Massive worlds game(Sony so far)
    Gears of War(360 only)

I look at that and honestly feel 360 has to show me something.
    ^

http://www.planetboredom.net/video.php?id=2944

Dude buys a PS3 and then takes it to the line of waiting customers and breaks it with a sledge hammer. Way to waste $600 bucks. Takes the dude like 5 swings to do anything significant to the box by the way.
    STEW BEEF!

Quote Originally Posted by Fool
    Takes the dude like 5 swings to do anything significant to the box by the way.
    more good press.
    ^

Ah, I forgot about Oblivion... Already killed about 100 hours of my life with that one, but I don't think I'll ever play it again. Also, I doubt a FF7 remake is in the works, although that would probably be the pushover for me to get a PS3. Konami is also said to be forcing Hideo Kojima to put MGS4 on the 360 as well (this month's EGM). I'd search for more intriguing games but I'm lazy at the moment...

rollin through your neighborhood, middle finger up
    Quote Originally Posted by Fool
    http://www.planetboredom.net/video.php?id=2944

Dude buys a PS3 and then takes it to the line of waiting customers and breaks it with a sledge hammer. Way to waste $600 bucks. Takes the dude like 5 swings to do anything significant to the box by the way.
    That guy didnt waste $600, he set up a site for donations. Most people donated $5 or so, but I saw a couple that were $20.

As far as game lineup, for years now I think Sony has had the market pretty much cornered for quantity of quality games. Not saying other systems dont have good games, but Sony has always had a lot of good exclusives. 360 is making a good push though, maybe the tables will finally be evened out.

It doesn't matter who's $600 it was, it was still a stupid use and waste of $600.
    STEW BEEF!

+ Reply to Thread