+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 13
FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast

Thread: PS3 Set for Simultaneous Worldwide Release This Fall

rollin through your neighborhood, middle finger up
    Quote Originally Posted by Fool
    Yeah, that is a good PR move. The question then becomes, would you take a bullet for a PS3?
    If someone answers yes, then its an even bigger PR move. FTR seen one on ebay w/ 3 games for $15,000 now.

You may have to wait to see what systems can do with games. However, some of my favorite all time games for systems came out at launch.

Currently, XBox 360 has 4 brand new games that rank between 88%-95% on gamerankings.

PS3 Launch games, only one has cracked 80%!

Is that suppose to mean something, especially since the 360 is just about to turn 1 year old while the PS3 is literally hours old?

I hate that you're making me produce so many pro PS3 comments Tre. Stop posting such dumbass statements.

You've already bought your 360 and ar happy with it. No need to tear down systems you don't have to make you feel better about your purchase.
    Last edited by Fool; 11-18-2006 at 07:58 PM.
    STEW BEEF!

Quote Originally Posted by Fool
    Is that suppose to mean something, especially since the 360 is just about to turn 1 year old while the PS3 is literally hours old?

I hate that you're making me produce so many pro PS3 comments Tre. Stop posting such dumbass statements.

You've already bought your 360 and ar happy with it. No need to tear down systems you don't have to make you feel better about your purchase.
    I have been a die hard Sony guy for over a decade. I'm not providing 360 statements because I want to justify my purchase. I'm making them because Sony deserves to be blasted. They lost me as a fan with their ridiculous prices and unexciting titles.

I believe your posts make you sound like a dumbass. You are defending a $600 system that can't even give us one exciting title to purchase with the system. The 360 had several jaw dropping games at release time. Do some research. If they want 600 bucks from me, they better have a few great titles to choose from. So according to your logic, I should spend 600 bucks and then have to wait months for the game creators to get some things out. RIDICULOUS

Reason for high pricetag: Blu-Ray. People don't understand how expensive that shit is, you're technically getting a fucking bargain if you get a PS3 at face value.

Quote Originally Posted by DrTre11
    I have been a die hard Sony guy for over a decade. I'm not providing 360 statements because I want to justify my purchase. I'm making them because Sony deserves to be blasted. They lost me as a fan with their ridiculous prices and unexciting titles.

I believe your posts make you sound like a dumbass. You are defending a $600 system that can't even give us one exciting title to purchase with the system. The 360 had several jaw dropping games at release time. Do some research. If they want 600 bucks from me, they better have a few great titles to choose from. So according to your logic, I should spend 600 bucks and then have to wait months for the game creators to get some things out. RIDICULOUS
    The only thing making me look dumb in that post is the atrocious spelling (either it was late or I was wasted).

No one is justifying the price or the lack of release titles (btw, last I knew there's supposed to be 30 when its all said and done and from memory its not like the 360s release lineup of PGR3 and CoD2 blows the PS3 games away). As for the "according to my logic" bit, keep that bullshit in the NCAA forum where you and the Michigan slaps constantly pretend the other guy is saying shit he's not. Why would I justify a price I'm not willing to pay? The only thing I've done here is reply to your idiotic statements like "see the PS3 doesn't look so much better graphically than the 360" and "with a year of extra production time the 360 games are better than the 5 games released so far for the PS3". Did you really just tell me to do some fucking research? The reason I haven't spoken about the 360 release titles (the litany of sequals that it was) is because you didn't bring them up. You said something like "the 360 just pumped out 4 games that gamerankings has as 85-95%". No word of "360 release titles" in there, because you weren't comparing the two systems' release titles. You compared the current releases for both systems, which is exactly why I pointed out how dumb a thing that is to do.

BTW, the reason I'm not killing the PS3 is because that shits already been done. Look back over the forum, its all over the place. By the time of the release everyone knows the pros and cons of the systems in theory and all that remains to be seen is the execution. The only thing to say is that they don't have any systems to sell and that's been said already too.
    Last edited by Fool; 11-20-2006 at 09:34 PM.
    STEW BEEF!

Actually the library launch titles for the 360 was very underwhelming. The only blip on the radar screen was PGR3. Of the launch titles, only 4 were over 80%, PGR3 (88.5%), King Kong (80.9%), Kameo (80.8%), and Perfect Dark Zero (80.8%). Madden 06 was a titanic bust.

You could actually make the case that the PS3 launch titles are superior right now with Resistance at 88.8%, Marvel Ultimate Alliance at 86.2%, Call of Duty 3 at 85.1%, and NBA 2K7 at 82.3%.

With all of that said, I'm not buying a $600 video game system any time soon, and I couldn't be happier with my 360, it's options, and all of it's titles right now.

"The Forcier is strong with this one." - Boda.

Just kickin' back on the seven seas of smoothness.
    Sorry, don't mean to spam, but I didn't feel like rehashing these articles.

Anyway, it looks like the NY Times isn't a fan of the unit either.

http://consolesports.net/index.php?o...d=58&Itemid=53

Having an awkward moment just to see how it feels.
    i prefer to judge for myself. i've heard so many things that i didnt agree with from guys trying to be experts, that i'd rather find out for myself on the big decision of where to go for my next gen gaming.
    ^
    Stalked by a Mod who gives 1 percent credence.

Just kickin' back on the seven seas of smoothness.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gutz Gatsu
    i prefer to judge for myself. i've heard so many things that i didnt agree with from guys trying to be experts, that i'd rather find out for myself on the big decision of where to go for my next gen gaming.
    I personally think that you can't go wrong with the 360. They have and will continue to have a better online system with XBOX Live, Sony has lost the exclusive GTA license and Microsoft already has two system selling franchises in Gears or War and Halo. And last, but not least, they aren't as expensive as the PS3's.

+ Reply to Thread