+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 13
1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: PS3 Set for Simultaneous Worldwide Release This Fall

Having an awkward moment just to see how it feels.

PS3 Set for Simultaneous Worldwide Release This Fall

PlayStation 3 Launching in November
    Source: Sony Computer Entertainment Inc.
    March 15, 2006

Sony Computer Entertainment Inc. (SCEI) announced today that it would launch PlayStation 3 (PS3) in early November 2006 in Japan, North America and Europe simultaneously. With a monthly production capacity of one million units, SCEI will push forward a powerful product launch to spread the platform rapidly throughout the world, together with a strong and attractive lineup of PS3 game titles.

PS3 incorporates the final specifications of BD (Blu-ray Disc), and with the overwhelming computing power of PS3, it enables playback of BD software at a high bit rate. With a maximum storage capacity of 50 GB (dual layer) and robust security, BD is a highly anticipated storage medium that delivers digital entertainment content such as games and movies at an unparalleled level of image quality.

PS3 is compatible with a vast lineup of television sets currently out in the market, from standard-definition TV to full high-definition TV.

Users can also connect PS3 to high-speed broadband network through Gigabit Ethernet and comfortably enjoy a wide-range of rich and exciting content and services over the network.

SCEI, together with the support and cooperation of game content creators around the world, will strongly promote the creation of a new world of computer entertainment available on PS3.
    ^
    Stalked by a Mod who gives 1 percent credence.

Re: PS3 Set for Simultaneous Worldwide Release This Fall

PS3 is compatible with a vast lineup of television sets currently out in the market, from standard-definition TV to full high-definition TV.
    Umm...why bold it? It's not like this is a PS3 exclusive feature.

Re: PS3 Set for Simultaneous Worldwide Release This Fall

Quote Originally Posted by H1Man
    Umm...why bold it? It's not like this is a PS3 exclusive feature.
    No just some question as to whether it would be as goodlooking on standard TV's as they have with Xbox. That is why i highlighted it. Stop hating. I let you have your all things xbox thread sucka.
    ^

It would be great if you can get a $50 trade in discount for your XBox. That'd reaaaalllllly piss off Gates.

It was originally supposed to be a spring launch, then I started to hear more like summer, and I figured it would be well into the fall. I wonder which is going to dominate my life for the next 5 years the 360 or the PS3? Next gen terrordome anyone?

"The Forcier is strong with this one." - Boda.

i dont know if im more excited about BD's maximum storage capacity or robust security.

by the way, why does a video game need 50 gb's of storage? are games going to be that long?

Quote Originally Posted by b-diddy
    i dont know if im more excited about BD's maximum storage capacity or robust security.

by the way, why does a video game need 50 gb's of storage? are games going to be that long?
    one can hope. not to mention they can think up making animated features/or live action movies to go with the game. plenty to of room to work out ideas though.
    ^

There is no excuse not to use voice acting for everything now.
    STEW BEEF!

50 gig? Holy shitballs. You should be able to save your game right on the disc now. Not bloody likely, however.

+ Reply to Thread