+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2
1 2 LastLast

Thread: Best burrito places (mexican)

Best burrito places (mexican)

Best burrito places in town?

My favorites:

Pancheros Mexican Grill
    i've been to the ones in Ann Arbor and Southfield(more mich locations). Great burritos. Pancheros might be my favorite, but it's close. They make them pretty big so one burrito can be pretty filling. They put the tortilla shells on the grill before wrapping, so it's warm. Definitely ask them to put on extra hot sauce and extra pico de gallo because they can get dry otherwise. the pork is pretty good.

Qdoba Mexican Grill
    i've been to the on the outskirts of downtown Birmingham. they've got locations in Ann Arbor, Rochester, Southfield, E. Lansing, Farmington, and more. the overall menu here is better than Pancheros. their burritos are just as huge. their chicken or steak quesadillas are the best i've ever had. the tacos are decent. they give you three, but the meal's not very filling. for their burritos, they steam the tortilla shells and stuff them full. they've got some "signature" burritos which are pretty tasty, like the fajita burrito.

Baja Fresh
    baja fresh is just ok for me. they taste more like fast food to me...sort of a half step up from Taco Bell. they've got locations in Troy, Rochester Hills, Southfield, and Farmington Hills. they've got a pretty large menu. you can get any burrito "enchilado style", which means they put an enchillada type sauce and they melt cheese on top.

i know there are lots of "authentic" mexican and burrito places in town, so let's hear 'em if you've check 'em out.

Never been to Pancheros.. I'll have to try it out. I'm a sucker for Mexican food.

QDoba would have been my first pick. You nailed it. Another place that is pretty good is Chipolte. They just opened one here in Rochester Hills, and it's a lot like Qdoba.

Some people like "Moe's", which is across from Oakland Mall on the other side of John R. It's pretty good as well. Moes, Qdoba and Chipolte are almost the same restaurant with different buildings, though.

Yeah, I've never been to Pancheros but am a big Moe's fan.
    STEW BEEF!

Where is Moe's? I've never seen it. Is it in with Dick's, Barne's and Noble, etc or something?

Baja Fresh is just ok.
    Phil Wenneck: The man purse. You actually gonna wear that or are you just fuckin' with me?
    Alan Garner: It's where I keep all my things. Get a lot of compliments on this. Plus it's not a purse, it's called a satchel. Indiana Jones wears one.

MOES BURRITOS ARE OUTSTANDING!!!

Also if your in kalamazoo you should try "the big burrito" its quite possibly the best burritos around.

Quote Originally Posted by robcat911
    MOES BURRITOS ARE OUTSTANDING!!!

Also if your in kalamazoo you should try "the big burrito" its quite possibly the best burritos around.
    Oh shit yeah. Adobe restraunt (not the take out) kicks shit in GR, along with Butch's Beach Burritos on the strip in Grand Haven.

But the best is some place on Michigan Ave and Hall on the Westside in GR. Don't have a clue what the name was, menu and customers are all spanish, but for like $8 you leave with enough authenic grub to feed 4 guys munchies. Greasy as shit.

thanks for the tips, guys.....i'm definitely checking out Moe's.

to me, the burrito is quite possibly the perfect food. all that good stuff wrapped up, so you don't even need a fork.

mmmmmmmmm......burritos.......

Hahahahahahahaha. Detroit people talking about burritos. Ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha.

Come out to Cali(aka, North Mexico). We've got burritos for ya.

Quote Originally Posted by DennyMcLain
    Hahahahahahahaha. Detroit people talking about burritos. Ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha.

Yeah when I was there two weeks ago I had a Del Taco. Wow..... Worst. Food. Ever.

Quote Originally Posted by WTFchris
    MoTown is right.

Quote Originally Posted by MoTown
    Quote Originally Posted by DennyMcLain

Yeah when I was there two weeks ago I had a Del Taco. Wow..... Worst. Food. Ever.
    I know you're joking, so I won't call you a fucking idiot for thinking national chain food corporate bitch Del Taco is "California" food.

+ Reply to Thread