+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2
1 2 LastLast

Thread: Tecmo Super Bowl Appreciation Thread

Tecmo Super Bowl Appreciation Thread

All hail.......the greatest sports game of all time.

Tecmo Super Bowl

Tell stories about classic games with your friends, boast about your ridiculous stats, and relive memories of Bo Jackson, Barry Sanders, and QB Bills here.

"The Forcier is strong with this one." - Boda.

Ok, I'll bite.

I remember being the Detroit Lions.. even 10, 15 years ago I was always saying "this is the only way the Lions are going to win the Super Bowl".. I had no idea how right I'd be.

The most challenging part of the game was blocking field goals.. but if you were the NY Giants, it was easy. Get the bottom guy in the 2nd row, and sneak in between the guard and tackle. Blocked!

Having an awkward moment just to see how it feels.
    no you couldnt do that move on the tecmo supre bowl. just tecmo bowl.
    but on tecmo super bowl barry sanders was the most unstoppable force ever created, so much that it wasnt fair when coupled with herman moore catching ridiculously long deep balls. Also neal anderson was mistaken for walter payton, because was a pain in the ass to stop also.
    ^
    Stalked by a Mod who gives 1 percent credence.

Quote Originally Posted by Rorschach
    no you couldnt do that move on the tecmo supre bowl. just tecmo bowl.
    but on tecmo super bowl barry sanders was the most unstoppable force ever created, so much that it wasnt fair when coupled with herman moore catching ridiculously long deep balls. Also neal anderson was mistaken for walter payton, because was a pain in the ass to stop also.
    Ah, you're right. Original Tecmo Bowl was where my heart was. Good call.

That game was sweet. I just might have to hook up the sega tonight and play some games.

You can't the cord is too loose. It won't stay.

Having an awkward moment just to see how it feels.
    LOL....Steve broke it.
    ^
    Stalked by a Mod who gives 1 percent credence.

Quote Originally Posted by Rorschach
    LOL....Steve broke it.
    ???????????

Steve = Demolition Man

A few high points and memories for me.

*I once averaged over 20 yards per carry for an entire season with Barry Sanders.

*Everybody loves dropping back to the back of your own endzone and chucking the ball 120 yards in the air for a TD to Jerry Rice.

*Hand the ball to Christian Okoye and button mash the A button, six everytime.

*Epic duels with one of my buddies between the Eagles and the Oilers. I'd kill him with scrambles and bombs from QB Eagles and he'd kill me with Drew Hill. I mean, I would pick his play, follow Hill on his route with my guy, plus 2 other defenders were there and he'd still complete the pass for a 40+ yard gain.

*Two words, Bo Jackson. I saw one of my buddies rush for over 700 yards in a game with him. He'd hand the ball to Marcus Allen and run back to the one yard line and get tackled. The next play he'd give it to Bo for a 99 yard TD, over and over again.

*Another of my buddies once said to me "Man, one time I played every game of a season in Tecmo Super Bowl." I was like "Doesn't everyone play 16 games + the playoffs with a team?" He was like, "No, I mean, I played every game with every team for an entire season. WOW, not that's some good work.

They just dont' make games like that anymore. It doesn't get any better than that.

"The Forcier is strong with this one." - Boda.

+ Reply to Thread