+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2
FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: The Sopranos...Season 6...spoilers inside.

Syndicate Emeritus, Site Co-Founder Taymelo's Avatar
    That episode was garbage.

The 1st 20 minutes, especially. Tony is a traveling saleseman who lost his wallet and is looking for a hotel - WHOOOOHOOOO!!!! Now THAT'S good TV!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by WH Press Sec. Tony Snow
    The President is opposed to (actually testing embryos before simply throwing them out), because the president is opposed to murder.
    Quote Originally Posted by Taymelo
    Wait. Throwing them out is not murder, but testing them before throwing them out is murder? WTF, George?

The 1st 20 minutes, especially. Tony is a traveling saleseman who lost his wallet and is looking for a hotel - WHOOOOHOOOO!!!! Now THAT'S good TV!!!
    That pissed me off too. I would have thought after the dream episode from the last season 6 years ago, David Chase would have learned his lesson that people don't watch the show to trip.

However I think the premise of the show this season might actually be fresh, leaving Tony in a coma for awhile allowing his crew and family to believe he is going to die is going to cause a power grab. In the midst of the power grab everyone is going to do their own thing to show they should be the boss, they are going to step all over everyone else causing a lot of conflict and hopefully an action packed season. Who know though Tony could be out of the coma in the first 5 minutes next week.

Quote Originally Posted by JS
    However I think the premise of the show this season might actually be fresh, leaving Tony in a coma for awhile allowing his crew and family to believe he is going to die is going to cause a power grab. In the midst of the power grab everyone is going to do their own thing to show they should be the boss, they are going to step all over everyone else causing a lot of conflict and hopefully an action packed season.
    Good point.

That would make for must see tv.
    The President is opposed to (actually testing embryos before simply throwing them out), because the president is opposed to murder.
    Wait. Throwing them out is not murder, but testing them before throwing them out is murder? WTF, George?

Tony is in purgatory.

He's a normal everyday guy with an identity crisis. That's his punishment.

Costa Mesa is hell, and the lighthouse he sees at night is heaven.

I thought it was a very interesting episode. Just because it didn't have the typical mob setting/killing style, doesn't mean it can't make you think. I enjoyed it...

you guys have 0 ability to think for yourselves.

This episode (while dry at times) was quite thought provoking and interesting. While he was in a coma, he could neither "check in" or "check out" meaning he is stuck. His name was Kevin Finnerty (resembles 'infinity'). The light he was from the helicopter (if you watch slowly the first time) was the doctor shining the light on him as he was trying to wake up.

he lost his identity and in doing so had no recourse. he was no one and could do nothing. he was lost, much like how he is in real life.

certainly it wasnt the best episode ever but it certainly is advancing the plot lines for the future.

what the hell did you guys expect? Tony just to get out of it ok and then go about business as usual? Fucking unimaginitive bastards.

Famous Bill Walton quotes:

"Shaq's arrogance is an insult to people who think."

Bill: "What, Phoenix? Are they still paying you?"
    Jalen: "Yeah, under the table."
    Bill: "Yeah, just like at Michigan."

“Oh my, Kobe is really putting on a show out there. He’s making Ray Allen look like a sixth grader!”

Quote Originally Posted by D's Nuts
    you guys have 0 ability to think for yourselves.

This episode (while dry at times) was quite thought provoking and interesting. While he was in a coma, he could neither "check in" or "check out" meaning he is stuck. His name was Kevin Finnerty (resembles 'infinity'). The light he was from the helicopter (if you watch slowly the first time) was the doctor shining the light on him as he was trying to wake up.

he lost his identity and in doing so had no recourse. he was no one and could do nothing. he was lost, much like how he is in real life.

certainly it wasnt the best episode ever but it certainly is advancing the plot lines for the future.

what the hell did you guys expect? Tony just to get out of it ok and then go about business as usual? Fucking unimaginitive bastards.

Chill Dude, I don' t think it was a bad episode, I just hate the "Dream sequence" crap it is tired and play out on every tv show. I watched every episode of 6ft under and really liked it, but when I tune into Sopranos I don't want to feel like I am watching another show. Like I said I love the premise of Tony being in a coma it can open up the storylines, I just don't want to feel like I am in the coma with him.

Having an awkward moment just to see how it feels.
    I liked it. but the episode lacked too much killing so i expect it to get dissed.

And i dont watch the show much. the daughter looks old and the son looks psychotic compared to before. that is all.
    ^
    Stalked by a Mod who gives 1 percent credence.

Listsen here all you Shakespeares.

Whether I got the analogies, or whether it was thought provoking, it doesn't change the fact that I waited like 2 years for a new episode of the Sopranos, and I don't wanna watch no traveling salesmen have a boring life finding a hotel room.

I wanna see me some eye-talians killing each other over waste management contracts, goddamnit!

+ Reply to Thread