+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4
FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: I hate the NBA

I don't watch non-Pistons games unless it's Dallas and San Antonio or something like that. I find other games really boring.

Quote Originally Posted by SKelly
    I don't watch non-Pistons games unless it's Dallas and San Antonio or something like that. I find other games really boring.
    I'm with you. I do enjoy college games though.

Having an awkward moment just to see how it feels.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikey
    Quote Originally Posted by SKelly
    I'm with you. I do enjoy college games though.
    you're full of shit Mikey. you dick ride everything that is part of what has the game twisted.

Quit acting like you dont fall in love with kobe and every wannabe jordan out there man.

the NBA is just doing what they think middle class young people like Mikey want to see. Its shitty because IMO it doesnt matter. but it is what it is.
    ^
    Stalked by a Mod who gives 1 percent credence.

The scary part is that we are close to getting a generation of NBA players who grew up Jordan fans. Within 3-4 years most NBA players will have never see pre-Jordan NBA.

... and I've never seen Willis Reed, Oscar Roberston, Pete Maravich, Bob Cousey, or even Bill Russell play, but I know who they are and what they accomplished.

The players who are students of the game transcend time. I wouldn't be surprised if we don't start seeing some throwback players succeed in the Association sometime soon. A sorta backlash to the shit product we have now.

A major part of the problem is something that we've discussed ad nauseum NoQ.
    The fuckin refs are garbage...so what does Stern do? He adds more fuckin rules
    two years in a row and he tells refs to be more strict to open up the game.

It's not opening up SHIT! It's causing teams to have trouble ever getting hot
    because the game is so fuckin slow. If you play defense and barely touch a guy
    there's going to be a whistle. You can watch Suns/Sonics games and get excited
    but the flipside is that nobody's guarding anyone. The main thing to consider here
    is that with all of the bullshit whistles and the non existent whistles on offense for
    our guys, the Detroit Pistons, it makes for a fucking frustrating night.

I'm sure that fans of other teams that play defense and go strong to the hoop are
    stuck watching their team shoot retarded jumpshots in order to stay in the game.

Sad but true. (Wade just fell down again. Someone step on him like Marcus Vick.)

Teams trying to pick up the Pistons style of strong fundamentals and teamwork might end up being a good thing for the league.
    Hype?

The refs are garbage because of the way Stern has made the game. They are forced to treat superstars better. So, refs are set up to fail. They are applying double standards and favoritism. They call more stuff at home. Yes, the refs suck, but I think it's the system as well.

BTW, yet another player made by the superstar foul calls (though not for very long)...Jerry Stackhouse. I think he actually deserved most of his calls, but he's still a product of the way they call contact now. He'd shoot %30 and still score 30 because of his FT's.
    Phil Wenneck: The man purse. You actually gonna wear that or are you just fuckin' with me?
    Alan Garner: It's where I keep all my things. Get a lot of compliments on this. Plus it's not a purse, it's called a satchel. Indiana Jones wears one.

I still love the NBA, but college Bball is just more fun to watch, I don't know why.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve
    I still love the NBA, but college Bball is just more fun to watch, I don't know why.
    The skank MSU cheerleaders...

Check out dem 5 o'clock shadow armpits.

What a face. Note to self: Don't drink entire bottle of eightball before game..

Ummm... what EXACTLY is the age limit for MSU cheer -- 82?

Gimmie somadat 12 foot foam shlong, playa.

Steve's favorite. Perfect size. Perfect age.

+ Reply to Thread