+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 8
FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: Tony Delk Appreciation thread....

Quote Originally Posted by Rorschach
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt
    Quote Originally Posted by b-diddy
    mike james' d wasnt anything spectacular. he just tried really hard at the full court press. i dont see how/why delk cant do the same.

and theres nothing gay about mikey's avatar.
    yeah, i want to see more of Delk on defense before saying that "he's no mike james". i mean, james was pesky, and i don't see why Delk can't do the same with his quickness.
    because he's gotten beat so far. just average at best. shit he wasnt anything to look at when we played against him. i've seen delk before. he's not hiding any special moves he only brings out for his chance to place with us. ~lol~

Also mikey's avatar is beyond gay. I thought he lost an avatar bet or something.
    the thing that i'm wondering is that people seem to think mike james was this lockdown defender when he was off our bench. however from what i remember, james used his quickness and played off of lindsey's defensive prowess.

i'm wondering if delk can play off of lindsey's defense and use his quickness like james did when he was here. i don't remember james being a lindsey-esque one-on-one defender, and i don't think Delk needs to be either.

so, i guess i'm saying i want to see how his defense fits off our bench. i honestly don't remember much of his D before.

Mike James has got to be the most overrated defender I have ever seen on these boards..
    Quote Originally Posted by Glenn
    I do so love a train wreck.
    Quote Originally Posted by MoTown
    People love train wrecks.

and theres nothing gay about mikey's avatar.
    Haha, it does looks kind of gay. It was the only clear shot of Morissey's face I could find though. I'll look for another one...

Quote Originally Posted by Train Wreck
    Mike James has got to be the most overrated defender I have ever seen on these boards..
    I couldn't agree more.

Quote Originally Posted by Train Wreck
    Mike James has got to be the most overrated player I have ever seen on these boards..
    Fixed it for you. [smilie=2thumbsup.g:

Sure, he has a catchy name, but I never saw why everyone here had such a huge mancrush on him. He's not even sixth man worthy, and not the type of bench player who will make or break your championship chances like Dice last year and Vinnie in the eighties. He's just not that great.

Also remember that Mike James was here pre-handcheck rules. If you've watched him closely since then, he isn't a great defender at all. Most every "pesky" defender gets beat nowadays with the new rules, because the defender is at such a disadvantage.

james probably is overrated, but i wouldnt go as far as to say we could have won in 04 without him.

the bulldogs were game changers that year. we only lost 2 relevant guys from 04, james and okur, and we adequately replaced okur. james was replaced by...? i would go as far as to say we'd be talking 3 peat if james were here.

not to say that james is irreplaceable, its just that we havent (until maybe delk) replaced him yet. lindsey is the bulldog that is irreplaceable.

james probably is overrated, but i wouldnt go as far as to say we could have won in 04 without him.

the bulldogs were game changers that year. we only lost 2 relevant guys from 04, james and okur, and we adequately replaced okur. james was replaced by...? i would go as far as to say we'd be talking 3 peat if james were here.

not to say that james is irreplaceable, its just that we havent (until maybe delk) replaced him yet. lindsey is the bulldog that is irreplaceable.
    That a bit much man. We made it back to the finals, and MJ barely even played for us in the finals in 04. I think he shot .380 in the playoffs as a whole, and the whole "bulldog" thing was bullshit because once sheed's foot flared up we quit with the fullcourt D which was where James was excelling.

I know that Corliss wasn't shooting well in the playoffs but I would certainly call him relevant.
    Quote Originally Posted by Glenn
    I do so love a train wreck.
    Quote Originally Posted by MoTown
    People love train wrecks.

Fer crissakes it was Pitbulls!!!
    In the time of chimpanzees I was a monkey.

+ Reply to Thread