+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 8
FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Tony Delk Appreciation thread....

Quote Originally Posted by Rorschach
    "He's a guy that will give us that depth, like we had with Mike James,"
    worst comparisom IMO. but whatever. our defense took a rise with james in. it takes a tumble with delk.
    please expound how taking arroyos minutes deflates our D.

Delk is just another overrated player. The only reason people think Arroyo can't play D is because he's hispaniel.

Quote Originally Posted by the wrath of diddy
    The only reason people think Arroyo can't play D is because he's hispaniel.
    That or his constant hand check fouls and getting beat to the basket by guys with the speed of Robert Traylor.
    STEW BEEF!

Having an awkward moment just to see how it feels.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hermy
    worst comparisom IMO. but whatever. our defense took a rise with james in. it takes a tumble with delk.
    why would i when i never eluded to as much. In fact i've never said we shouldn't have tony delk. Only thing i referred to there was that Delk isnt anything like Mike James IMO. I didnt know arroyo was a factor in this. Especially since he's irrelevent playing for orlando now. If I was comparing defense, it would be to who we have now and only evans has weaker defense on the perimeter. But the guy can score, i don't deny that one bit. And i'll even go as far as to say he puts forth plenty of active effort to TRY and play defense. But he's not good at it and mike james is. That was my only point. Its also all i posted so i dont know where you get the arroyo thing. If anything he's taking hunters/Delfino's minutes and yes those exchange of minutes deflates our defense.

Its not an all bad thing, he puts up his end on offense. But its not always gonna compensate for defense. Especially against a team like washington or dallas.
    ^
    Stalked by a Mod who gives 1 percent credence.

Quote Originally Posted by Hermy
    why would i when i never eluded to as much. In fact i've never said we shouldn't have tony delk. Only thing i referred to there was that Delk isnt anything like Mike James IMO. I didnt know arroyo was a factor in this. Especially since he's irrelevent playing for orlando now. If I was comparing defense, it would be to who we have now and only evans has weaker defense on the perimeter. But the guy can score, i don't deny that one bit. And i'll even go as far as to say he puts forth plenty of active effort to TRY and play defense. But he's not good at it and mike james is. That was my only point. Its also all i posted so i dont know where you get the arroyo thing. If anything he's taking hunters/Delfino's minutes and yes those exchange of minutes deflates our defense.

Its not an all bad thing, he puts up his end on offense. But its not always gonna compensate for defense. Especially against a team like washington or dallas.
    Sorry, I thought you meant that the arrival of Delk made our team D worse (deflated) than before he arived...;.which I think is what was meant by the James comparison.

You were originally saying that Delks D is worse than Chauncey or Rip....yes? Thats a decent take. Many might disagree, Delk has been applauded for his tough man D, but smooth is all D-team and Rip is improved, so OK I'll accept that. Our D could take a dive with him coming into the game vs. the improvment James gave.

Delk is just another overrated player. The only reason people think Arroyo can't play D is because he's hispaniel.
    Do you like anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by Steve
    Do you like anyone?
    He was kidding, dipshit.

mike james' d wasnt anything spectacular. he just tried really hard at the full court press. i dont see how/why delk cant do the same.

and theres nothing gay about mikey's avatar.

Quote Originally Posted by b-diddy
    mike james' d wasnt anything spectacular. he just tried really hard at the full court press. i dont see how/why delk cant do the same.

yeah, i want to see more of Delk on defense before saying that "he's no mike james". i mean, james was pesky, and i don't see why Delk can't do the same with his quickness.

Having an awkward moment just to see how it feels.
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt
    Quote Originally Posted by b-diddy

yeah, i want to see more of Delk on defense before saying that "he's no mike james". i mean, james was pesky, and i don't see why Delk can't do the same with his quickness.
    because he's gotten beat so far. just average at best. shit he wasnt anything to look at when we played against him. i've seen delk before. he's not hiding any special moves he only brings out for his chance to place with us. ~lol~

Also mikey's avatar is beyond gay. I thought he lost an avatar bet or something.
    ^
    Stalked by a Mod who gives 1 percent credence.

+ Reply to Thread