+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5
FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Thread: OGT: Pistons @ Wizards (Sat 3/11, 7pm ET, FSD, Chat)

Having an awkward moment just to see how it feels.
    we tried to run with a team that was good at it. we played washington wizards type basketball and got our just desserts.
    ^
    Stalked by a Mod who gives 1 percent credence.

1) It would be nice that after 60 something games if Flip could decide on a fucking rotation, and bring stability to that area of the game

2) It would be nice to see the pistons stop taking nights off, and instead of giving lip service though the media, actually wake the fuck up and play

3) After showing his first signs of life in almost 2 months, Prince got off to a great start and I didnt see much of him after that. What the hell Flip?

4) The 3 chucking is beyond ridiculous. Its atrocious. Its gross. Tonight, whenever sheed decided to post up, You would have thought he was the greatest player in NBA history.

5) Tony Delk is sweet. Him and Delfino need more Burn, and Evans needs to get less PT. Delfino is obviously more talented and consistent minutes are only going to help it more.

6) This team is just lazy, and Billups said it in his post game interview, they're just "bored" They're coasting. Its amazing how when they play a team like the spurs, how they just whooped them, and badly. That says to me (and it should to everyone else) that when this team wants to nut up and play, no1 in the world is going to beat them. Its just frustrating to watch them lose to these shitty lower level teams that we should be killing.

7) Tomorrow is a new day

8) WOD for Best poster of the year.

The good news is they can wipe the bad taste out of their mouths in less than 16 hours.

Anthony wrote:

This team is just lazy, and Billups said it in his post game interview, they're just "bored" They're coasting. Its amazing how when they play a team like the spurs, how they just whooped them, and badly. That says to me (and it should to everyone else) that when this team wants to nut up and play, no1 in the world is going to beat them. Its just frustrating to watch them lose to these shitty lower level teams that we should be killing
    So they are not concerned about HCA?

Wasn't that the bullshit story we were fed earlier in the season?

I'm not overly concerned though.

Yes, we've lost a few games we should have won but on the bright side the bench is getting decent minutes for the most part.

That can only help us in the post-season.

Delk seems like the golden boy at the moment and looking at the boxscore he had a good game.

Just how good was he? Did he actually make an impact or did he quietly have a good game?
    Rise like Lions after slumber,
    In unvanquishable number -
    Shake your chains to earth like dew
    Which in sleep had fallen on you -
    Ye are many - they are few.

Delk is the kind of player where you KNOW when he's on the court. He doesn't have "quiet" games.

Delk's style reminds me a lot of Vinnie Johnson. Obviously not as good as Vinnie, but when Delk steps on to the floor, he's looking to score. He can shoot, slash, get to the FT line, whatever. The guy finds a way to put points on the board.

Frankly, I love having a player of his mentality off the bench. We haven't had a reserve guard like him since Barry left.

Delfino's too passive on offense and Mo is too retarded to carry the offensive burden. I wouldn't want to do that to him anyway, because I think he's a distributor, and not a scorer.

Delk's a guy capable of dropping 20+ any given game. His defense is also surprisingly above average.

Frankly, I'd make him the 3rd guard right now and let Delfino and Mo duke it out for backup SF.

Delk may not be a great assist guy, but he looks very solid handling the ball. Better than Lindsey, easily.

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony
    1) It would be nice that after 60 something games if Flip could decide on a fucking rotation, and bring stability to that area of the game

2) It would be nice to see the pistons stop taking nights off, and instead of giving lip service though the media, actually wake the fuck up and play

3) After showing his first signs of life in almost 2 months, Prince got off to a great start and I didnt see much of him after that. What the hell Flip?

4) The 3 chucking is beyond ridiculous. Its atrocious. Its gross. Tonight, whenever sheed decided to post up, You would have thought he was the greatest player in NBA history.

5) Tony Delk is sweet. Him and Delfino need more Burn, and Evans needs to get less PT. Delfino is obviously more talented and consistent minutes are only going to help it more.

6) This team is just lazy, and Billups said it in his post game interview, they're just "bored" They're coasting. Its amazing how when they play a team like the spurs, how they just whooped them, and badly. That says to me (and it should to everyone else) that when this team wants to nut up and play, no1 in the world is going to beat them. Its just frustrating to watch them lose to these shitty lower level teams that we should be killing.

7) Tomorrow is a new day

8) WOD for Best poster of the year.

Quote Originally Posted by Pharaoh
    Anthony wrote:

This team is just lazy, and Billups said it in his post game interview, they're just "bored" They're coasting. Its amazing how when they play a team like the spurs, how they just whooped them, and badly. That says to me (and it should to everyone else) that when this team wants to nut up and play, no1 in the world is going to beat them. Its just frustrating to watch them lose to these shitty lower level teams that we should be killing
    So they are not concerned about HCA?

Wasn't that the bullshit story we were fed earlier in the season?

I'm not overly concerned though.

Yes, we've lost a few games we should have won but on the bright side the bench is getting decent minutes for the most part.

That can only help us in the post-season.

Delk seems like the golden boy at the moment and looking at the boxscore he had a good game.

Just how good was he? Did he actually make an impact or did he quietly have a good game?
    Like I said in posts before this, if they were really truly concerned with HCA, they wouldn’t lose these games. They would keep it close and put it away in the 4th if they were bored. But they're not. But i'm not worried

As for Delk, he kept us in it for the time he was out there. He had a major impact. He's feisty, and can really hit the jumper. He was huge out there.

Quote Originally Posted by MOLA1
    I actually have to agree with Diddy. There were so many moments when I was
    annoyed by the long 2 or the 3 pointers that we chucked tonight.
    Yeah, I can't even count how many times I yelled "WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU DOING?!?" at the TV last night.

Syndicate Emeritus, Site Co-Founder Taymelo's Avatar
    The problem can only be one of two things:

1. They're more worried about tired legs and injury than they are home court advantage. They've grown lazy, don't feel they have much to play for, consider these the dog days, and are just riding out the string right now...

or

2. They have no talent, cannot compete with average teams, and went from the best team in the league to a lottery team since the all star break. The only reason they were on pace to win 70 games was Darko/Arroyo, and without them, they are worse than the Knicks.

Something tells me its not #2 - especially since (although I only watched part of the game) it seemed like the Wizards were playing on double doses of speed, and the Pistons were in super duper slo mo last night. I mean, they were just BLOWING by our guys like they were statues all night long. I don't remember if it was Butler or Arenas, who absolutely blew past our guys and dunked the ball. It looked like he was playing against cardboard cutouts. Then, fucking Etan Thomas (or some other scrub Thomas with a Predator hairdo) BLOWS by Ben or Sheed for a reverse slam - posterized him - but it really looked like he was playing against a poster, instead of a live human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by WH Press Sec. Tony Snow
    The President is opposed to (actually testing embryos before simply throwing them out), because the president is opposed to murder.
    Quote Originally Posted by Taymelo
    Wait. Throwing them out is not murder, but testing them before throwing them out is murder? WTF, George?

Quote Originally Posted by Taymelo
    The problem can only be one of two things:

1. They're more worried about tired legs and injury than they are home court advantage. They've grown lazy, don't feel they have much to play for, consider these the dog days, and are just riding out the string right now...

or

2. They have no talent, cannot compete with average teams, and went from the best team in the league to a lottery team since the all star break. The only reason they were on pace to win 70 games was Darko/Arroyo, and without them, they are worse than the Knicks.
    LMAO

+ Reply to Thread