+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7
FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Current Gen Terrordome: PS2 vs. Xbox vs. Gamecube

Quote Originally Posted by Rorschach
    Yea Me and the whole country of Japan is hating.

Anyways The controller still sucks even at S type.
    You wanna know why the Japanese hate the XBox? Because they don't play FPS or most other action games. Check the game sale statistics and you will see what I mean. And as I pointed out earlier in my post, the XBox sucks at RPGs and strategy games which is why they are not doing so well in Japan. It's the same issue with the 360.

As far as the controller goes, the S Type actually fits your hands better than the PS2 controller. Granted its still bigger than the PS2 and GameCube controller, but it doesn't really matter because it is very comfortable to handle.

Having an awkward moment just to see how it feels.
    Quote Originally Posted by H1Man
    As far as the controller goes, the S Type actually fits your hands better than the PS2 controller. Granted its still bigger than the PS2 and GameCube controller, but it doesn't really matter because it is very comfortable to handle.
    Its still too big and is still uncomfortable on side of your knuckles. But whatever. You can have it. hmmm Last i checked Socom 3 was one of the best action/online games out there. And Metal Gear Solid 3nline edition is also coming out in 9 days. I think you underrate Sony very hard in that department. But i do give the edge to Xbox in FPS games by far. Only problem is I dont play them like crazy and its a secondary genre IMO.

Xbox games are often the most overhyped ever. Jade empire and Fable being primed examples. Not to mention the hilarious hype some people tried to give that bruce lee licensed game. He shoulda came out of his grave and kicked bill gates ass for that one.

^
    Stalked by a Mod who gives 1 percent credence.

hmmm Last i checked Socom 3 was one of the best action/online games out there. And Metal Gear Solid 3nline edition is also coming out in 9 days. I think you underrate Sony very hard in that department. But i do give the edge to Xbox in FPS games by far. Only problem is I dont play them like crazy and its a secondary genre IMO.
    I could say the same for RPG's or strategy games. The point is everyone has a different taste in games and thus people might like different systems based on those games.

Xbox games are often the most overhyped ever. Jade empire and Fable being primed examples. Not to mention the hilarious hype some people tried to give that bruce lee licensed game. He shoulda came out of his grave and kicked bill gates ass for that one.
    How about Killzone, the so called "Halo Killer"? Silent Scope? Shadow Hearts? Ever Quest?

Again every console has a few overhyped games. That shouldn't be a deciding factor when it comes to judging a console.

And I never even heard of that Bruce Lee game until you mentioned it. So I don't know who was hyping it.

Having an awkward moment just to see how it feels.
    Quote Originally Posted by H1Man
    hmmm Last i checked Socom 3 was one of the best action/online games out there. And Metal Gear Solid 3nline edition is also coming out in 9 days. I think you underrate Sony very hard in that department. But i do give the edge to Xbox in FPS games by far. Only problem is I dont play them like crazy and its a secondary genre IMO.
    I could say the same for RPG's or strategy games. The point is everyone has a different taste in games and thus people might like different systems based on those games.

How about Killzone, the so called "Halo Killer"? Silent Scope? Shadow Hearts? Ever Quest?

Again every console has a few overhyped games. That shouldn't be a deciding factor when it comes to judging a console.

And I never even heard of that Bruce Lee game until you mentioned it. So I don't know who was hyping it.
    none of those games were hyped on the level fable and jade empire were. you know this. quitb playing man. only thing that came close was killzone. i admit that game was as overhyped as i expected it to be. but theres also games with no hype kicking ass on ps2. like cold winter. best FPS on the ps2 console.

and we do agree that this shouldnt be the deciding factor. it should be the best games. and i'll take socom 3 over halo 2 anyday. [smilie=2thumbsup.g:

Along with resident evil 4, MGS3 online edition, final fantasy 12, GT4, God of War, Devil may cry 3, silent hill 4, shadow of collosus, omnimusha 4, and tekken 5

over forza, project gotham, fable, jade empire, chronicles of riddick, ninja gaiden black, and far cry instincts.

The difference in 90 percent of the ports are minimal and Sony have better exclusives still from what i've seen and played.

I see you wanna boggle PS2 down to an RPG system. I dont agree with that. Its just that xbox is so bad at rpg's, that they make PS2 look like they patented the market. But ps2 holds its own and does better than xbox in number of quality games not counting the rpg's.
    ^
    Stalked by a Mod who gives 1 percent credence.

none of those games were hyped on the level fable and jade empire were. you know this. quitb playing man. only thing that came close was killzone. i admit that game was as overhyped as i expected it to be. but theres also games with no hype kicking ass on ps2. like cold winter. best FPS on the ps2 console.
    Dude you mentioned that "XBox games are often the most overhyped ever." All I did was point out the fact that both the consoles have those kind of games. I don't understand what Cold Winter has to do with that. There are multiple games on both consoles that are good but get no hype.

and we do agree that this shouldnt be the deciding factor. it should be the best games. and i'll take socom 3 over halo 2 anyday. [smilie=2thumbsup.g:

Along with resident evil 4, MGS3 online edition, final fantasy 12, GT4, God of War, Devil may cry 3, silent hill 4, shadow of collosus, omnimusha 4, and tekken 5

over forza, project gotham, fable, jade empire, chronicles of riddick, ninja gaiden black, and far cry instincts.

The difference in 90 percent of the ports are minimal and Sony have better exclusives still from what i've seen and played.
    That's your personal opinion.

I would take Halo and Halo 2 over any other game on the PS2 except for maybe God of War. Other than that, the XBox catalog is better in my opinion (Just like the PS2 catalog is in your opinion).

I see you wanna boggle PS2 down to an RPG system. I dont agree with that. Its just that xbox is so bad at rpg's, that they make PS2 look like they patented the market. But ps2 holds its own and does better than xbox in number of quality games not counting the rpg's.
    I will readily admit that the XBox sucks at RPGs but there is no way in hell that the PS2 is even remotely close to XBox when it comes to FPS or Action games. It does have a few good games but that doesn't mean its suited for those type of games.

There are plenty of action games for the PS2. The Devil May Cry Series, Prince of Persia series, God of War, Onimusha series, MGS series, the 2 games made by SCEI, GTA series, Viewtiful Joe series. Also, KOTOR isn't Xbox exclusive unless you ignore PCs as its a PC port.

Limiting the discussion to exclusives for each console is ridiculous anyway since the majority of titles are multi-platform.

But this whole discussion is well titled "Terrordome" as there really isn't any substance to it since this generation of the industry has been made non-combative from the shear growth of the market and the individual game companies looking to maximize their profit by not signing exclusivity contracts.

2 things are clear. Sony needs to work on their online gaming and MS needs to work on their appeal to Japan.
    STEW BEEF!

I'm not the biggest gamer, so go ahead and rip me if I'm wrong here. My college roommates had PS2, and I had Xbox. It seemed like the PS2 was a little bit slower and took more time to load games. It also seemed like it froze up a little bit more.

I really only play sports games and Halo, so I'm not really sure about all the other games.

Quote Originally Posted by WTFchris
    MoTown is right.

Quote Originally Posted by Fool
    There are plenty of action games for the PS2. The Devil May Cry Series, Prince of Persia series, God of War, Onimusha series, MGS series, the 2 games made by SCEI, GTA series, Viewtiful Joe series. Also, KOTOR isn't Xbox exclusive unless you ignore PCs as its a PC port.

Limiting the discussion to exclusives for each console is ridiculous anyway since the majority of titles are multi-platform.

But this whole discussion is well titled "Terrordome" as there really isn't any substance to it since this generation of the industry has been made non-combative from the shear growth of the market and the individual game companies looking to maximize their profit by not signing exclusivity contracts.

2 things are clear. Sony needs to work on their online gaming and MS needs to work on their appeal to Japan.

From what i know KOTOR was an XBOX exclusive and was ported to the PC several months after sales started to slow for the box

Amen to the rest of that post though
    Kelly Youngblood: Don't take any shit from them Canucks. To them,
    you're just another wetback, crossing the border to play their game.
    Dean Youngblood: They'll never catch me!
    Kelly Youngblood: Oh, they'll catch you.

Man, you're right. I completely forgot it came out on Xbox first. It wasn't released for the PC for another 5 months. Good call.

And Motown. You aren't daffy. The Xbox can indeed load games faster if you take advantage of its hard drive.
    STEW BEEF!

Fuck PS2.
    I dont get the problem with the xbox controlers. The Sony controlers are what blow big monkey balls. R1 R2 L1 L2, and the placement of the thumb sticks are just wack as hell. XBox controlers fit your hand.

Anyways, since I mainly play sports games, and a few shooters, XBox was much better than the PS2. Fuck sony.

+ Reply to Thread