+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7
FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Current Gen Terrordome: PS2 vs. Xbox vs. Gamecube

Having an awkward moment just to see how it feels.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fraserburn
    The Controller grows on you

I'll admit the original Box cont was whack
    but the S-Type is a solid controller

and its bigger so if you are squeezing it tight its less likely to give you pain in the hands like the smaller PS2 controller might
    You've tricked yourself there. I've played with both long enough and im sorry. But you had to of talked yourself into that one. Those XBOX controllers suck and most people i know shell out dough to get different shaped xbox controllers similar to ps2 style.

xbox controller=wackesy controller ever. the 360 is a lil better i guess. but the xbox one sucks.

Some developers refuse to make xbox only instead of multi platform port games because of how much they hate that controller.
    ^
    Stalked by a Mod who gives 1 percent credence.

Simple preference i guess

I know if i switch back and forth i get annoyed
    maybe thats simply because im used to the xbox more than the PS2 but thats my opinion
    Kelly Youngblood: Don't take any shit from them Canucks. To them,
    you're just another wetback, crossing the border to play their game.
    Dean Youngblood: They'll never catch me!
    Kelly Youngblood: Oh, they'll catch you.

Quote Originally Posted by Fraserburn
    Simple preference i guess

I know if i switch back and forth i get annoyed
    maybe thats simply because im used to the xbox more than the PS2 but thats my opinion
    Its all good. Like i said before I concede Xbox's stronger hardware all day. Nothing to hate on. Its got a stronger engine and had ample time to capitalize on that coming out later. But it doesnt have better games IMO. And those controllers are Le Garbage to me.

I do find it ironic that people think the PS3 isnt gonna be stronger than 360 with its processor and extra time to tweak it up.
    ^

I have no judgements on the Xbox 360 or PS3 yet

from what i've heard though the 360 doesnt look "amazingly" better unless you have a fully tricked out HD setup

and also when i looked in on the PS3 i've seen that they had to take it bakc to scratch almost and are in the rebuild process.....

the Blu-Ray disc is intriguing because it holds so much more information than the HD-DVD disc so the possibility for bigger better games exists...

as for games on the current gen
    as i said before the biggest PS2 game you hear about is GTA which has been brought over the the xbox anyway.

I havent found the latest Final Fantasy's to be all that intriguing
    and sports games are flat out beaten by the Xbox versions

off the top of my head i cant think of any PS2 specific games that are head and shoulders better than anything the Box has to offer.
    Kelly Youngblood: Don't take any shit from them Canucks. To them,
    you're just another wetback, crossing the border to play their game.
    Dean Youngblood: They'll never catch me!
    Kelly Youngblood: Oh, they'll catch you.

I like them all for different reasons.

The XBox has the cleanest, sharpest graphics,
    but the controller sucks. I love NBA2K6 though.
    XBox Heavy Rotation: NBA2K6

I got a Logitech wireless for the PS2 and that stepped
    it up a notch. Better selection of games and
    Tekken5 > Any fighting game for any other system.
    PS2 Heavy Rotation: Madden 06, Tekken 5, NBA Live 06

Gamecube's colors are so vivid they make your eyes
    bleed after a while, in a good way (LOL).
    Mario games are addicting as fuck. I like the controllers.
    GameCube Heavy Rotation: Mario Strikers, MarioKart

Some good recent PS2 only games (if I'm wrong, sorry)...

God of War
    Shadow of the Colossus

However, if someone were to counter with the XBox goodness of KOTOR and Jade Empire, I'd have to say touche'.

Quote Originally Posted by flipscrackers
    Some good recent PS2 only games (if I'm wrong, sorry)...

God of War
    Shadow of the Colossus

However, if someone were to counter with the XBox goodness of KOTOR and Jade Empire, I'd have to say touche'.
    Jade Empire=The most dissappointing game i've ever played on that green machine.
    ^

As for the original question:

PS2 is better for RPG's and strategy based games. They do have a few FPS and action games but thats not the systems strong suit.

The XBox on the otherhand is better suited for FPS and action/simulation based games. Also if you like multiplayer (more than 4 players), XBox is the way to go thanks to both Live and System Link.

Except for a few franchise titles, half the titles are ported between the consoles anyway. As far as graphics go, the XBox is clearly better. And the controller (the S-Type) is actually pretty solid.

Quote Originally Posted by H1Man
    Gutz,

LOL

Yea Me and the whole country of Japan is hating.

Why the Xbox Sucks It Up in Japan Microsoft's new Japanese Xbox czar explains why his company just had to discount the console again.

In a press release sent out to Japanese retailers yesterday, Microsoft's Asian division announced that the price of the Xbox in Japan will drop to 16,800 yen (about $154) effective November 20. On the same day, Microsoft will also release a limited-edition "Xbox Platinum Pack" that includes a console, two games, a DVD Playback Kit, and two free months of the Xbox Live online game service for 19,800 yen ($182).

This marks the third price markdown for the Xbox in Japan -- the console debuted in Tokyo on February 22, 2002 for 34,800 yen ($320), but was discounted nearly $100 three months later following slow sales and problems with consoles scratching up game discs. This new price slash, coupled with the value-priced Platinum Pack (which comes with Halo and Project Gotham Racing 2), is part of a move by Microsoft Japan to make their system competitive in the upcoming holiday shopping season.

To help explain their strategy to the local press, Microsoft held an informal press conference yesterday with Yoshihiro Maruyama, the new general manager of the Japanese division's Xbox unit. Maruyama started by explaining that the price cut, while following similar discounts from Sony and Nintendo in Japan, was not a reactionary move: "This discount was in the works for the end-of-year shopping season before SCE's announcement. The timing was on our own terms, and we aren't simply following the leader here." So what brought about the price cut? According to Maruyama, it stemmed from a desire to make the system more accessible: "The Xbox's installed user base is in a very difficult position, but we wanted to give as many users as possible a chance to play online with the Xbox Live service, the console's main weapon."
    Anyways The controller still sucks even at S type.
    ^

+ Reply to Thread