+ Reply to Thread

Thread: LOL@Hurons

LOL@Hurons

If you haven't been keeping track of our old buddy Hurons from RealGM who started the infamous "Tayshaun is blossoming at the right time" thread, I'll give you the run down.

He was at a Pistons game and ran into some of Darko's Serbian friends. They told him Darko was going to be traded to Orlando in two weeks. According to Hurons, it was the "leader of the group," who told him, because we all know every group has a leader.

So he went home and decided to create a blog and turn it into an Insider piece. He went to almost every single Detroit and Orlando message board and posted the link to his blog. I can't imagine how hilarious it would have been for Darko's friends to come home from the game and find a blog posted by the squirrely little fan they talked to.

So now he's trying to launch himself as an NBA Insider and he's going around to forums and dropping little scoop pieces all the time. I saw him once post, "Word on the street is that Alex Acker was schooling Carlos Arroyo in practice."

I got bored and went to his blogspot (http://hurons.blogspot.com/) and found this little gem about Mike James:

Darko Gone! Pistons focus on Mike James

It's my understanding are trying to reacquire former Piston Mike James, and would use the structure of Earl Watson's (Denver Nuggets) contract in negotiation's on an extension with James. If James will take the backseat like Vinnie Johnson did, the Pistons will reward him with a 4 year deal worth 20 to 24 million. It's up to James at this point. He likes the team and will think long and hard. He hold the cards since he can opt out of his current deal with the Toronto Raptors during the summer.

The ultimate goal is too lock up Ben, Chauncey and Mike James...with James being the 3rd guard in a three guard rotation for the championship runs. The front court is set, since they really like Max. Max should get more time in the second half of the year.
    I hope Hurons sees this because he is becoming a laughing stock across Pistons Message Boards.

Feel free to swat if you feel it's necessary, I was debating on whether to post it here or there.

Having an awkward moment just to see how it feels.
    Ban skelly, lock this thread, and make an example out of him.

I kid i kid
    ^
    Stalked by a Mod who gives 1 percent credence.

It's tough living in the pseudo-Earth where Tom Izzo is coaching the Pistons. Ease off please.

Syndicate Emeritus, Site Co-Founder Taymelo's Avatar
    Nice find, skelly.

At least if you're going to pedal yourself as an insider, you should take the time to spell check.
    Quote Originally Posted by WH Press Sec. Tony Snow
    The President is opposed to (actually testing embryos before simply throwing them out), because the president is opposed to murder.
    Quote Originally Posted by Taymelo
    Wait. Throwing them out is not murder, but testing them before throwing them out is murder? WTF, George?

Quote Originally Posted by Taymelo
    Nice find, skelly.

At least if you're going to pedal yourself as an insider, you should take the time to spell check.
    Not only that, with all of the grammer errors in two paragraphs, at least make yourself sound like you know what you are talking about.

The Pistons don't give James an "extension." An extension is when you are entering the last deal of your contract you agree with the current team that you are on the lengthen the deal. We gave Tay and extension. We would give James a free agent contract.

The "structure of Earl Watson's contract" is the MLE. Just say MLE, or if you want to sound really professional say mid-level exception.

Earl Watson signed a 5 year $29 million deal. Hurons said James' deal would be 4 years $20-$24 million. It is a year shorter. And how can you say that it will follow a certain structure when there is a $4 million dollar gap in possible total amounts for the contract? The MLE amount for 4 years is $22.4 million.

I wouldn't say Vinnie took a "backseat." He came off the bench, but was often in there to close out games and currently has his number hanging from the rafters at the Palace.

"It's up to James at this point. He likes the team and will think long and hard." First of all, I can't read long and hard without thinking of Bevis and Butthead. He likes the team? Can you come up with a more general statement than that? He will think long and hard? It's one thing to claim inside information on the Pistons roster moves but it's another to claim insight into a player's thought process.

And then he goes on to say that Max will get more time in the second half of the year. Go figure.

Blog Entries
    This should be titled "LOL@Hurons".
    Find a new slant.

+ Reply to Thread