+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3
FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Sam Smith: Pistons role models for Bulls (old thread updated)

Thats not Mike from Houston, that's fucking Cow from wherever the hell that tard lives.

I believe he had an agent, however the agent tried to pull a fast one, so Ben fired him and is going to do the contract himself. I sorta remember Ben saying that he might go to law school when he retires as well...
    In the time of chimpanzees I was a monkey.

Blog Entries
    UPDATE (Jay Mariotti)

http://www.suntimes.com/output/mario...spt-jay05.html

No comparison with Pistons

They have good complementary players. What they lack, as Paxson acknowledges, is a star to revolve around. It would be a grave mistake to think the Bulls are building a role-melding masterpiece similar to the Detroit Pistons and San Antonio Spurs, as Paxson and chairman Jerry Reinsdorf have suggested. Last I looked, the Spurs have revolved for years around future Hall of Famer Tim Duncan, and the Pistons have several high-level studs. If the Bulls project a similar future from Gordon, Hinrich, Nocioni and the boys, bless them.

Because, in all honestly, they have no idea where this is going.

''I don't think it's appropriate to comment on what we need,'' Skiles said. ''We have a good, hard-working group. We need to add some pieces to it.''

For all we know, the Bulls have topped out as a 45-to-50-win team that won't reach a conference final. To advance to the next level, they need to seek a franchise player, either this summer or next. Will Kevin Garnett be available? Wouldn't you package Gordon, Chandler and the No. 1 draft choice the Bulls are getting from the New York Knicks -- which could be the top pick -- for Garnett? The Minnesota Timberwolves say they won't deal him, but things could change this summer, especially if Garnett continues to voice disappointment.

Of course, it takes two to swap. If Garnett stays, Paxson won't have many big-name options even if he has close to $20 million in cap room. He can use the No. 1 pick on a big man like LaMarcus Aldridge, a potential all-around star like Tyrus Thomas, a defensive stud like Joakim Noah (if he comes out) or a scorer like Adam Morrison or Brandon Roy. There's also an intriguing 6-11, 240-pound Euro named Andrea Bargnani. But none will make the Bulls appreciably better.

Al Harrington, who is 6-9 and 245 and averaged 19 points and seven rebounds in Atlanta, might help as a free agent. But you may have to wait until the summer of 2007, when the Bulls again have New York's No. 1 pick -- no, I don't miss Eddy Curry, despite Thursday's ugly numbers -- and, with proper luck, may end up with the next great big man.

Reaching the first round is decent stuff. But it's not very rewarding when six banners hang in the rafters. How do they get better? ''More talented players?'' Gordon said. Bingo. Let the most important summer of Paxson's executive life begin.
    Find a new slant.

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn
    UPDATE (Jay Mariotti)

http://www.suntimes.com/output/mario...spt-jay05.html

''I don't think it's appropriate to comment on what we need,'' Skiles said. ''We have a good, hard-working group. We need to add some pieces to it.''
    1) Jay Mariotti is a douche.

2) I heard this comment. The reporter asked him something along the lines of "Who's not comming back next year?" and Skiles said something like "Look, these guys gave me everything all season and even more this series. Its a slap in the face to them to sit here 5 minutes later and talk about kicking them out the door." It was a very cool thing from the little asshole.
    STEW BEEF!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kstat View Post
    Agreed. You need to be a super-pressimist to even CONSIDER the idea of Ben Wallace leaving Detroit.
    Quoted for truth.
    Find a new slant.

That was so weird seeing Ben leave.

And Kilo nailed it:
    Quote Originally Posted by Kilo View Post
    Sorta off-topic, but not completely.

What if Chicago offers a max year max money deal come the off-season?? I could see them doing so, because they want that work ethic example and it would be hurting the Pistons at the same time.

I know Ben is loyal to the Pistons, but I also don't believe he could turn down such an offer unless we were in the ballpark, and I don't know if Davidson would be willing to enter that ballpark. Is Dumars and Co. willing to give the 32 yr old Ben Wallace a five yr $70M+ contract?? Business is business.
    Rise like Lions after slumber,
    In unvanquishable number -
    Shake your chains to earth like dew
    Which in sleep had fallen on you -
    Ye are many - they are few.

What's doing Fool?

Hope all is well in the land of the Foolish
    Rise like Lions after slumber,
    In unvanquishable number -
    Shake your chains to earth like dew
    Which in sleep had fallen on you -
    Ye are many - they are few.