+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Who is the worst GM of the decade?

I'm Varsity chump. You're J.V.

Who is the worst GM of the decade?

Who is the worst GM of the decade? I just read an article created by Bill Simmons that might be one of the best article he's ever written:

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2...simmons/060224

Anyway, It got me to thinking and I thought I'd post the question to the board. Personally, I think I've got to go with Scott Layden. He had a team with few decent players and a huge payroll. At least Isiah drafts well.

There is no point in drafting well when you bring in LB to coach. Both Lee and Robinson are now at the end of the bench with LB making comments to the effect - "We're 13-39 with the young guys playing..." Frye is still getting his minutes, but I still believe he's getting the fluff job for a Garnett run this off-season. I see Frye as Memo Okur, rather than the next KG as the Knicks make him out to be.

If Minnesota deals KG to anybody other than the Knicks, the NYK will be a huge mess for the near future and Isiah will HAVE to be fired.

The way Isiah is reading the situation is that there will be a bidding war for KG in the off-season and the Knicks are set up perfectly now with the young stud player(Frye), veteran stars(Marbury, Franchise) and expring deals(Rose). I just think that if Minnesota does deal KG, it will be for youngsters in a rebuilding phase sorta deal. I still see him going to Chicago, and if we win the title, I see Dumars trying to make a run at him.
    In the time of chimpanzees I was a monkey.

Welcome to Detroit...Oregon. Home to Detroit Lake and nothing else.
    What, Bob Whitsitt deconstructs a playoff team and doesn't get a mention?
    [img]i17.tinypic.com/5z1kqq8.gif[/img]

+ Reply to Thread