+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2
FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Toronto @ Dallas

Dallas takes over in the extra minutes - looks to be ballgame already. Villanueva just fouled out and James and Bosh are playing with five fouls 109 - 105 at the moment...
    In the time of chimpanzees I was a monkey.

fuckin dallas refuses to lose. same thing happened with memphis, memphis had a big lead earlier in the game but gave it up in the end.
    I'm sure their depth and minutes distribution is a big reason why. They're spread across so well probalby nobody is on tired legs.

Quote Originally Posted by metr0man
    fuckin dallas refuses to lose. same thing happened with memphis, memphis had a big lead earlier in the game but gave it up in the end.
    I'm sure their depth and minutes distribution is a big reason why. They're spread across so well probalby nobody is on tired legs.

you hear that, Flip!?!

you hear that, Flip!?!
    Ya'll need to get over the bench play.
    The Pistons are not made up like your typical NBA team, your typical NBA team has 2-3 good players and some role guys that are interchangable with he bench.

The Pistons have 5 players that should be on the floor as a unit. 5 Players who should be logging as much time as any other starter

Our 5 players don't even log as much time as your typical NBA superstar.
    No one ever talk about Bron wearin down? or Iverson, or Kobe, or KG, or Dirk, or blah blah blah.

yes , our starting 5 stars more minutes as a UNIT than other teams. Because other teams don't have as much talent on the floor at the same time.

You look at it player by player and our starting 5 often gets more rest or equal rest of the leauges superstars.
    Hype?

for me, it's not so much that the starters are getting worn out, as it's the fact that the bench has enough talent to produce and make an impact.

i think we have a chance to be even better and more efficient if Flip would give the bench more play and let the starters be fresh for the 4th quarter.

to Flip's credit, i do believe he's been going to be bench early and often lately.

So you don't think a fresh starting five come the fourth quarter is of any benefit, providing that our bench in the very least had a +/- of 0??

Why did Ben Gordon tear it up last season? Because he didn't play until the fourth and was fresh as a new born babe while everybody else was feeling the effects of the rest of the game and their legs had a little less spring in them sorta deal.

Delk, Delfino, Davis, McDyess, Evans, Hunter could be avery serviceable bench if given the chance.
    In the time of chimpanzees I was a monkey.

Our goal is to get a better record than SA because their is no way in hell Dallas beats them. Anyway, SA and Dallas play each other this week so HOLLA!

+ Reply to Thread