+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4
FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: Lions are millions under the cap (Updated: $3.3 Million)

Holmes isn't expected to be back. And even if he were brought back, he wouldn't be a good fit in the Cover 2 system. But they are expecting to move Lehman over to MLB next season though.

Quote Originally Posted by H1Man
    Holmes isn't expected to be back. And even if he were brought back, he wouldn't be a good fit in the Cover 2 system. But they are expecting to move Lehman over to MLB next season though.
    Thanks for the info. I thought the Lehman at MLB experiment failed the last time because Lehman lacked the ability tackle and fight off blockers. BobbY Carpenter and AJ Hawk for 1st and 2nd rd picks.

Quote Originally Posted by KFFL
    Lions | Team is $3.3 million under salary cap
    Sun, 23 Apr 2006 16:13:58 -0700

The San Diego Union-Tribune reports the Detroit Lions are $3.3 million under the salary cap, according to a source with NFL contractual data.

Which in truth will be closer 10 million when they figure out the Harrington, Bryant and Rogers situation. As far as Bryant goes I heard on ESPN radio this weekend say that Millen would like to keep Bryant put want him to re-structure, and if he doesn't he could be cut depending on the draft.

Also they said Backus is still likley to be signed long term once they are able to without losing the Franchise tag. If he does get wrapped up long term I am sure that will reduce his cap number.

Quote Originally Posted by JS
    Which in truth will be closer 10 million when figure out the Harrington, Bryant and Rogers situation. As far as Bryant goes I heard on ESPN radio this weekend say that Millen would like to keep Bryant put want him to re-structure, and if he doesn't he could be cut depending on the draft.

Also they said Backus is still likley to be signed long term once ae able to withou losing the Franchise tag. If he does get wrapped up long term I am sure that will reduce his cap number.
    I highly doubt that Bryant is going to cut.

Based on what I read, cutting Bryant is going to cost us $4.7 Million against the cap. But keeping him under the current contract will only cost $3.2 Million. So I would assume that he is going to be back next season.

Todd McShay and JC didn't mention that.

H1 Did you see what Arrington's contract structure looked like?

I am pissed, I know Arrington wasn't a priority but the contract is cap friendly. Year 1 -3 it is 3.5 million per year with incentives. Only 8 million is signing bonuses.

It's a 7 year, $49 Million deal with a base salary of $3.7 Million and a signing bonus of $5.25 Million. With reachable incentives, Arrington can make upto $5 Million a year.

The "full value" of the contract is heavily based on incentives, so if Arrington doesn't produce on the field, he doesn't get paid a good portion of his contract. It could just as well turn into a 1 year, $9 Million deal if Arrington turns into a dissappointment.

That's an outstanding deal for the Giants.

Arrington very clearly wanted to stay in the division to have 2 chances each year to hurt the Skins.
    We had subs. It was crazy.

+ Reply to Thread