+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2
1 2 LastLast

Thread: LMAO@ The Magic Organization

I'm Varsity chump. You're J.V.

LMAO@ The Magic Organization

Two years ago, Orlando starts with Tracy McGrady a top 10 player in the game and #1 pick in 2007.

What they have to show for those today are:
    Trevor Ariza, Doug Christie (released), Penny, Arroyo and Darko.

LMAO@ The Magic Organization

I originally posted this in the LOL@Isiah thread, but decided they're sad enough to have their own thread.

Laugh at Joe Dumars for trading for a 2oo7 Top Five protected first rounder. Orlando will easily be the shittiest team in the league next year and we'll be looking at a 2008 unprotected pick, the year after they have an absolute shitload of money to throw at the free-agent Class 2oo7.
    In the time of chimpanzees I was a monkey.

I'm Varsity chump. You're J.V.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kilo
    Laugh at Joe Dumars for trading for a 2oo7 Top Five protected first rounder. Orlando will easily be the shittiest team in the league next year and we'll be looking at a 2008 unprotected pick, the year after they have an absolute shitload of money to throw at the free-agent Class 2oo7.
    They're in the East, they just might make the playoffs...I think they'll get the pick.

They also lost Juwan Howard in that deal.

Blog Entries
    This is a great point.

The Magic now have a ton of cap room and a lotto draft pick in 2006 and maybe another again in 2007.

They are going to add two solid players with their cap room after Hill's deal expires and a high lotto pick rookie, maybe two.

I'm predicting that when we finally get that pick from the Darko deal, we're talking at best, mid first round.

All of you that keep saying that Joe got a lotto pick for Darko better think again.
    Find a new slant.

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn
    This is a great point.

The Magic now have a ton of cap room and a lotto draft pick in 2006 and maybe another again in 2007.

They are going to add two solid players with their cap room after Hill's deal expires and a high lotto pick rookie, maybe two.

I'm predicting that when we finally get that pick from the Darko deal, we're talking at best, mid first round.

All of you that keep saying that Joe got a lotto pick for Darko better think again.
    Actually even with the Francis trade they will barely reach the cap this yea(by my count), and will need to resign Ariza at a minimum.

The '07 FA class they could attack though, but with only 6 players currently under contract for that season, it could be interesting to see what exactly they have to do.

As low as 20 mil on 5 people(dropping Darko from the qualifing offer, possibly to sign him cheaper) they could get to reasonably, plus Ariza at about 5 per, 24 and 6(escalators lower early part), a top lotto guy = 4 mil, so 7 and 28, the MLE this year puts them at 8 or 9 and 33, plus a 2nd round guy 9 or 10 and 34, and possibly their pick for that year (assuming it's top 5) they would be around 10-11 players and 37 mil. The cap would be around 54 mil I think, so 17 mil and the MLE to get 3-4 players would be their spot for '07(or 4-5 and 22 w/o using their MLE in the previous year, and they would have the MLE. Not great position, but nice. Say one max/near max guy, 1 MLE-ish guy, and 2 cheap-uns.

They should remain very bad in '06-'07, but do have the possibility to rapidly improve in '07-'08.

'06-'07 projected lineup:

Jameer
    Ariza
    Hedo
    Howard
    MLE/Aldridge/Bargirini/Darko

Not great, maybe replace Hedo with Gay, and start Darko/MLE.

'07/'08 could be good though, as they could add depth, to go with that group.

Jameer
    Stud FA/Ariza
    Gay/Hedo
    Howard
    MLE/Darko/prev. MLE

I think Orlando is a poorly run organization and poorly run organizations usually don't have success.

If I were ORL I would offer up Hill with Vasquez or a pick for an expiring deal and say the 07 offseason is when life begins in ORL.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Hollinger
    With Hardaway's contract expiring after this year and Ariza expected to re-sign cheaply as a restricted free agent, the Magic would be $15 million to $20 million under the salary cap (depending on that year's cap number) when Grant Hill's contract expires after next season.

The Magic's timing is impeccable when one considers the names potentially available in 2007 -- forget about LeBron James and the other stars from the class of '03, since they'll sign extensions, but there's also Paul Pierce, Vince Carter, Dirk Nowitzki, Gerald Wallace, Chauncey Billups, Mike Bibby, Rashard Lewis, Antawn Jamison and Jamaal Magloire.

That's the same summer that the Magic will likely extend the deals of Dwight Howard and Nelson, and 2007 also probably represents Orlando's last opportunity to play the market for the next several years.
    Find a new slant.

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn
    Quote Originally Posted by Hollinger
    With Hardaway's contract expiring after this year and Ariza expected to re-sign cheaply as a restricted free agent, the Magic would be $15 million to $20 million under the salary cap (depending on that year's cap number) when Grant Hill's contract expires after next season.

The Magic's timing is impeccable when one considers the names potentially available in 2007 -- forget about LeBron James and the other stars from the class of '03, since they'll sign extensions, but there's also Paul Pierce, Vince Carter, Dirk Nowitzki, Gerald Wallace, Chauncey Billups, Mike Bibby, Rashard Lewis, Antawn Jamison and Jamaal Magloire.

That's the same summer that the Magic will likely extend the deals of Dwight Howard and Nelson, and 2007 also probably represents Orlando's last opportunity to play the market for the next several years.
    Once you eliminate all the 2oo3 draft class big fish who would at the very least be restricted free-agents and understand that Nowitzki and Billups are very likely going nowhere, the 2oo7 FA class starts to lose a lot of it's lustre. I guess I could see Carter making a run for the sunny skies but with the Nets moving to Brooklyn I think they'll try their damndest to keep their main attraction in their battles for the hearts and minds vs the Knickerbockers. I think Pierce is actually going to take less money to go to a contender when he finally can get out of Boston. Bibby wouldn't be a need if Jameer Nelson progresses as expected by those in Orlando. That leaves Gerald Wallace, Rashard Lewis, Antawn Jamison and Jamaal Magloire and that pool could even be further diminished depending on how Orlando drafts this off-season.
    In the time of chimpanzees I was a monkey.

+ Reply to Thread