+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5
FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: KEEP THE FUCKING ZOO OPEN

Quote Originally Posted by UncleCliffy
    The zoo isn't in huntingwoods. I drive on 10 mile everyday past the zoo and the welcome to huntington woods sign is where the golf course begins.
    Actually, after looking on our system, it is in both:

The gate is in Royal Oak, but the address does not work. Wierd.
    Phil Wenneck: The man purse. You actually gonna wear that or are you just fuckin' with me?
    Alan Garner: It's where I keep all my things. Get a lot of compliments on this. Plus it's not a purse, it's called a satchel. Indiana Jones wears one.

Having an awkward moment just to see how it feels.
    Quote Originally Posted by WTFchris
    Quote Originally Posted by UncleCliffy
    The zoo isn't in huntingwoods. I drive on 10 mile everyday past the zoo and the welcome to huntington woods sign is where the golf course begins.
    Actually, after looking on our system, it is in both:

The gate is in Royal Oak, but the address does not work. Wierd.
    Man you just gave al queda the exact location Geraldo?

^
    Stalked by a Mod who gives 1 percent credence.

Quote Originally Posted by Rorschach
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve
    I went to the Zoo last year.

What great space for the Pistons to biuld a new stadium.
    And you swear he doesnt ask to be bullied UC.

Chill, crackie. He's trying to be funny, and that was the funniest thing i've seen in a while.

Sheesh, get over it.

OH yeah, and fuck closing the Zoo.
    I havent been to the zoo in a long while, but if someone said lets go, hell i'm in. Why does the city get any say in this, if it isnt even in Detroit? Can someone answer that for me? Is it because they run it?

DevinJubei:

Mdot is a state agency run by a black woman. They don't handle the smart bus or any other bus service. They do road/bridge construction and handle the roads. Matter of fact, it is not easy to get a job there unless you're black or a woman. They don't hire many white males. Anyway, this has been going on for years and since Detroit wants to play hardball, they don't get many road improvements. Its their loss. Not the state of Michigan.

Closing the Zoo doesn't make any damn sense. If it's hurting the budget then they should hike up the price to get in, get food, get toys ETC. until they make money off of it. They have a monopoly, it's not like you can just say they're too expensive and go look at the polar bears at the other local zoo or something.

Maybe they should add other shit to the zoo as well. Make it like a theme park or something. The excitement would boost the income.

Honestly though, how dumb do politicians have to be to have a monopoly on a popular market and lose money on it?
    k

dinasaurs would help. unless something went terribly terribly wrong... which almost certainly would happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Koolaid
    Closing the Zoo doesn't make any damn sense. If it's hurting the budget then they should hike up the price to get in, get food, get toys ETC. until they make money off of it. They have a monopoly, it's not like you can just say they're too expensive and go look at the polar bears at the other local zoo or something.

Maybe they should add other shit to the zoo as well. Make it like a theme park or something. The excitement would boost the income.

Honestly though, how dumb do politicians have to be to have a monopoly on a popular market and lose money on it?
    Ask Amtrak. Or about 50 other agencies with income potential. Ask why public schools are auctioning off their food services. Government has too many people to appease to make profit.

Blog Entries
    The US Postal Service isn't doing too hot either.
    Find a new slant.

Their is no doubt that the Zoo can make money. They charge an arm and a leg to get in + parking. The problem is that everyone that works for the zoo qualifies for a city employee and they get big money for doing stupid jobs like selling hot dogs. I had a friend back in high school work for the zoo and he was making $10 hour and this wasn't recently.

+ Reply to Thread