+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5
FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: KEEP THE FUCKING ZOO OPEN

We had a topic in one of my classes bout the zoo situation
    And I was suprised to see how many people actually go to the zoo on the constant bases
    I havent been to the zoo since like the 5th grade

I can see them closing the zoo because the city council is very racist. They know the zoo is in the suburbs and they think they are sticking it to the man by closing it down. I'm not sure why don't let someone else run it considering they would still own the zoo but they seem to have this mentality that they must run it. Anyone know where Kwame is? I haven't seen him in a while.

just heard on WDIV that there's some kind of meeting to discuss the future of the zoo in ahour half and hour.

Kwame is on a "fact finding mission in Africa". African safari?

Devinjubei: Other communities would step in and help but they must be given control. Nobody is going to volunteer to work for Collins and the rest of the racist council. Detroit isn't a seperate state. Its part of the region. I'm not sure why they are so selfish to the people. I'm sure working together with the surrounding communities would bring positive. Instead its either my way or the highway. I know someone that works for the state (mdot) and detroit workers aren't allowed to talk to them or cooperate with them because the higher ups disallow it. Tell me how fucked up that is.

Why can't those dumbasses look at a map and see that the Zoo is in Huntington Woods, not Royal Oak. Instead they list their address as Royal Oak (even on the Zoo website), even though it's not in Royal Oak. So, when you click the map link on their site, Yahoo can't find the address because it's not in the right fucking city.
    Phil Wenneck: The man purse. You actually gonna wear that or are you just fuckin' with me?
    Alan Garner: It's where I keep all my things. Get a lot of compliments on this. Plus it's not a purse, it's called a satchel. Indiana Jones wears one.

The zoo isn't in huntingwoods. I drive on 10 mile everyday past the zoo and the welcome to huntington woods sign is where the golf course begins.

I went to the Zoo last year.

What great space for the Pistons to biuld a new stadium.

Having an awkward moment just to see how it feels.
    Quote Originally Posted by UncleCliffy
    Kwame is on a "fact finding mission in Africa". African safari?

Devinjubei: Other communities would step in and help but they must be given control. Nobody is going to volunteer to work for Collins and the rest of the racist council. Detroit isn't a seperate state. Its part of the region. I'm not sure why they are so selfish to the people. I'm sure working together with the surrounding communities would bring positive. Instead its either my way or the highway. I know someone that works for the state (mdot) and detroit workers aren't allowed to talk to them or cooperate with them because the higher ups disallow it. Tell me how fucked up that is.
    Sorry Cliffy but you are getting played by your own hypocrisy. Ease back, take a deep breath, and realize you're playing the same race card you opened this thread up dissing.

The council is being Shitty(i warned you that they can be, funny that everyone only bitches when they close the zoo down). They are also being belligerent and probally taking a political shot at the suburbs. You can go back to things like the suburbs trying to run the water supply and realize theres silly grudges on both sides politically.

You're right, they dontv wanna work things out. But the city and the suburbs very rarely ever work things out.

Once again thjis has been an ongoing thing. I saw no one here bitching about the smart bus getting cut off from livonia. that was some bold shit. Things like dat lead to detroit mdot personal not talking to suburban workers. All this didnt happen yesterday and the council isnt just randomly starting some shit. been going on for a minute between the city and metro suburbs government. welcome to the fun. [smilie=2thumbsup.g:

Once again anyone who doesnt like this should step up and join in any effort to keep it from happening. If you are sitting on your ass hope WDIV pulls it out, then your opinion shouldnt be too extreme. And im not saying anybody in particvular. Just saying generally.
    ^
    Stalked by a Mod who gives 1 percent credence.

Having an awkward moment just to see how it feels.
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve
    I went to the Zoo last year.

What great space for the Pistons to biuld a new stadium.
    And you swear he doesnt ask to be bullied UC.
    ^
    Stalked by a Mod who gives 1 percent credence.

+ Reply to Thread