+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2
1 2 LastLast

Thread: Troy Community Center.....anyone a member?

Troy Community Center.....anyone a member?

now that i'm done at OU, i don't have regular access to a gym. Lifetime Fitness is nice, but expensive....i heard Troy Community Center is cool. anyone here a member? how are the facilities? how's the basketball there?

http://www.troymi.gov/ParksRec/CCMembership.asp

Yeah I'm a member. It's fairly nice, a lot smaller than lifetime but still nice equipment. They have a gym for basketball plus it's really clean. They have a decent sized pool. It's only a couple years old so it looks pretty nice. But the price difference from lifetime is the main reason to go there. I would definatly look to the Troy Community Center over lifetime unless you really wanted the big health club feel.

Quote Originally Posted by RegicideGreg
    Yeah I'm a member. It's fairly nice, a lot smaller than lifetime but still nice equipment. They have a gym for basketball plus it's really clean. They have a decent sized pool. It's only a couple years old so it looks pretty nice. But the price difference from lifetime is the main reason to go there. I would definatly look to the Troy Community Center over lifetime unless you really wanted the big health club feel.
    how many basketball courts are there? is it crowded at nights? is there a long wait for games?

There are 2 full courts, i'm not sure how the wait is considering that i haven't been able to go because i'm at school. I wasn't too bad before though.

I actually play there 2 or 3 times a week. It's a great place.
    I usually get out there after work since I work right down the street.
    I'm considering cancelling and going to the new YMCA in Rochester by my house though.
    It's on Walton and Squirrel right by OU.

Quote Originally Posted by MOLA1
    I actually play there 2 or 3 times a week. It's a great place.
    I usually get out there after work since I work right down the street.
    I'm considering cancelling and going to the new YMCA in Rochester by my house though.
    It's on Walton and Squirrel right by OU.
    that area's got the YMCA, OU's rec center, and a Powerhouse gym. it's crazy how many athletic facilities they have around there.

btw, i just found out that OCC offers memberships for pretty cheap. like $106 a year.

I just drove by there the other day and was wondering about it too. I like at 14 and Rochester so I'm not far away from the Troy center myself.
    Phil Wenneck: The man purse. You actually gonna wear that or are you just fuckin' with me?
    Alan Garner: It's where I keep all my things. Get a lot of compliments on this. Plus it's not a purse, it's called a satchel. Indiana Jones wears one.

Quote Originally Posted by WTFchris
    I just drove by there the other day and was wondering about it too. I like at 14 and Rochester so I'm not far away from the Troy center myself.
    basically, if you live in Troy it's like $17 a month. if you don't live in Troy, but work in Troy, it's $22.

and if you don't live in or work in Troy your outta luck

+ Reply to Thread