+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2
1 2 LastLast

Thread: "Can a nigga get a pencil?"

LOL. Notice how the interviewer is black as well.

I love how he holds the 2 pieces of paper. LOL

This is a funny scenerio. Teacher should be gone regardless of how intended to say it. Teachers shouldn't be allowed to say 'dog' 'homie' or any other slang the kids use either. Everyone saw how stupid it made this guy look, would you trust him as a source for knowledge after that?
    k

The N word. Hahahaha. It's just a word.

Nigger nigger nigger nigger.

A word means nothing without intent. I don't know why newscasts always must use the term "the N word" in stories like this. The story is anti-racist, so using "nigger" when describing the event holds no maliciousness.

I suppose they're afraid Rev. Sharpton would see it as yet another opportunity to pimp his name and march on the station.

Quote Originally Posted by dennymclain

A word means nothing without intent. I don't know why newscasts always must use the term "the N word" in stories like this. The story is anti-racist, so using "nigger" when describing the event holds no maliciousness.

I suppose they're afraid Rev. Sharpton would see it as yet another opportunity to pimp his name and march on the station.
    They don't say motherfucker, bitch, asshole, cunt or any other words deemed offensive by our goofy little society either. It has nothing to do with the intentions of saying the word and everything to do with maintaining the professionalism of a news broadcast while staying in touch with a general audience.
    k

LOL@KeySEAN. Shut the fuck up already. You can't go around using "Nigga please" all day and then start playing the race card when a white person uses the same language towards you. FUCK YOU KEYSEAN.

Quote Originally Posted by UncleCliffy
    You can't go around using "Nigga please" all day and then start playing the race card when a white person uses the same language towards you.
    WORD

Quote Originally Posted by Koolaid

They don't say motherfucker, bitch, asshole, cunt or any other words deemed offensive by our goofy little society either. It has nothing to do with the intentions of saying the word and everything to do with maintaining the professionalism of a news broadcast while staying in touch with a general audience.
    The FCC won't fine you for using "nigger" in a newscast. As for staying in touch with the general audience?.... how about more "positive" stories, and less end-of-the-world shit.

If the N word is so bad for the black folks, one would have thought they would try at all costs to avoid saying it themselves.

well, I guess this belongs to the 'things i don't get' thread.

The FCC won't fine you for using "nigger" in a newscast. As for staying in touch with the general audience?.... how about more "positive" stories, and less end-of-the-world shit.

If It bleeds it leads. that's the motto in the news industry. That's how they stay in touch with a general audience, by scaring them into watching.

However they always have to appear professional, otherwise all that shit goes right out the window because the source becomes questioned. Using questionable language would be a way of isolating yourself.

There's no way in hell you can drop the n bomb in front of a general audience without offending someone. At a hip hop show, comedy club or where ever else you might hear it it might be looked at as OK. There's no way the 60 year old grandmas who sit at home and watch the news are going to understand the way hip hop culture has embraced the word nigga though. They are going to look at this story like it's shocking, unheard of, controversial AND offensive.
    k

+ Reply to Thread