+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3
FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: MNF team: Joe Theismann out, Ron Jaworski in

Blog Entries
    ABC/ESPN promoted Mike Breen to replace Michaels yesterday.

Breen and Hubie are now a team.
    Find a new slant.

I don't know Breen by name but not having Micheals ooze all over NBA games is a win in my book.
    STEW BEEF!

To those of you who like Tony Cornholio in the booth, what do you like about him? They've been saying how he's going to be more of a 'straight man' than a color guy.. and if that's the case, I may have to find something else to watch on Monday nights. Tony's voice just annoys the hell out of me, and if he doesn't change his 'Look how funny I am.. no really!" persona, Tirico's going to throw him out of the booth himself.

I like the Tirico pick, though. He knows his football, knows his x's and o's, and can put a good game together.

The jury is out on Theisman as far as I'm concerned. Being ESPN, they needed an ex-player, but I'm not so sure Joey T's the right one. Time will tell, I've been wrong before.

The thing I don't get is why MNF keeps trying all these gimmicks (Miller, Tony Cornheiser, etc) to spur ratings. It has nothing to do with the announcers. It's all about the matchups, time the game is on, what other shows are on, etc. When I sit down on Sunday to watch a game, I choose based on the teams playing, not who is calling the game. There are times when I can't stand an announcer and that keeps me away, but I never tune in to see a specific announcer. As long as you get good guys in the both that aren't too edgy for some people, why mess with it?
    Phil Wenneck: The man purse. You actually gonna wear that or are you just fuckin' with me?
    Alan Garner: It's where I keep all my things. Get a lot of compliments on this. Plus it's not a purse, it's called a satchel. Indiana Jones wears one.

IN MEMORY OF BIG VINNY 1943 – 1979 “WHEN IN DOUBT KNOCK EM OUT”
    Blog Entries
    They do it because they're not trying to draw the people like us. They know we'll watch the game no matter what. They want to get the casual fans, the wives, the girlfriends, etc to watch. They want to get the people who don't care who's playing.

I'm reppin' Jesus Christ and Conservative views....

Quick piece by VINNY which was a logo style of his. VINNY also did two letter throw up's by the name of FI 2.

GO WHITE!

Blog Entries
    So did anybody watch last night?

Thoughts?
    Find a new slant.

Having an awkward moment just to see how it feels.
    They were horrible. That Tony tony Tony thing was unbearable.
    ^
    Stalked by a Mod who gives 1 percent credence.

rollin through your neighborhood, middle finger up
    tony didnt seem to fit in, kinda reminded me of the dennis miller year. but at least its not madden.

I didn't see the game last night so I can't judge Kornheiser's performance, but I love the guy on PTI. Looks like I'm the odd man out on here, but I love his humor. Not sure how well that humor will translate in the world of football commentary, but I'll be watching next week to find out.
    "You can't know good unless you know evil. You can't tell the truth unless you've heard a lie." ~ Chuck Mead

Blog Entries
    Apparently Kornheiser and Mike Golic have some sort of "rivalry" going.

Yesterday on Mike/Mike, Golic gave Korny what could be deemed a "lukewarm" review, he said several times that he was "fine". Korny then went on Dan Patrick's show and blasted away at Golic saying that he must be jealous that he wasn't picked for the MNF and that Golic's always had it out for him.

It came off as very thin skinned of TK, and if he thinks that's the worst reveiw that he's going to get he's wrong.
    Find a new slant.

+ Reply to Thread