+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2
FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: These guys look TIRED

i REALLY don't understand why Flip is resisting going to his bench earlier and more often. yes, we want to win everygame....but at what cost? little bench development and burned out starters.

I don't buy the tired argument. I also don't buy the too many minutes argument either. Someone go show me where any Piston is in the top 15 in avg. mins played per game.

edit: I just went and looked. Rip is 16th in the league w/ 37 mins. He shouldn't count either cause he is the one thaat holds himself out as the most conditioned athlete in the NBA. Billups is next at #32 @ 36 mins per game

I see a team that is playing more unfocused than tired. This team doesn't have a Michael Jordan that will carry them with his "won't lose" attitude on days they lack focus.

Ben Wallace seems to be one of the only players out there playing with some purpose.

Flip's job is to find ways to motivate this team to play with purpose and energy in these dog days of February.

Also, the bench knows very well how many minutes they have. If they can't perform in those minutes than maybe Joe got the wrong types of players for the bench (talking about Arroyo and DelFino). I personally never want to hear about Darko being a solution to anything for this team.

Quote Originally Posted by Gecko
    I don't buy the tired argument. I also don't buy the too many minutes argument either. Someone go show me where any Piston is in the top 20 in avg. mins played per game.

I see a team that is playing more unfocused than tired. This team doesn't have a Michael Jordan that will carry them with his "won't lose" attitude on days they lack focus.

Ben Wallace seems to be one of the only players out there playing with some purpose.

Flip's job is to find ways to motivate this team to play with purpose and energy in these dog days of February.
    focus is an interesting comment.

starting the season, i think we are all surprised that the Pistons were coming out every night like it was a must win game. we reel off 30+ wins and now it seems like the urgency isn't there.

i think it's hard for Flip since the Pistons quickly became the darlings of the NBA, with all the Bulls record/70 win talk.

Our starters minutes today:

Tayshaun Prince - 39 minutes
    Rasheed Wallace - 38 minutes
    Ben Wallace - 32 minutes
    Rip Hamilton - 41 minutes
    Chauncey Billups - 38 minutes

+ Reply to Thread