+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3
FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Hermann to the Jets

Initial list.

Teryl Austin- Seahawk DB coach, former Michigan coach
    Woody W.- from New Mexico State
    Steve Stripling
    and yes - Andy Moeller (Have been some talks)
    John Tentua- Georgia Tech

Art
    What is a budkow.....isnt that something I shit out of?

Does Art hide somewhere in Lloyd's home to provide us with this info?

Nope just info from insiders at the scout.com board I hang out at.

There are some guys who post who have good sources in and around the coaches and football team.

The initial source of Hermann to the Jets was from Josh Turel. He does the NFL stuff for the Michigan site and has a couple sources in the NFL.

BTW Hermann from a couple different sources has offically told Carr that he is gone and thus the search is on.

As with any info I come across and share, it is all fluid and shit changes constantly, but this is all the latest stuff.

Art

All the above mentioned for DC for UM are not happening.

Supposedly there is someone and the UM fans at Scout will be happy.

I have no clue who it is going to be as they cannot say a lot, but none of them plus Tvorgac are not going to be DC.

More when I get it.

Art

This limb you've got me hanging on is driving me crazy, but you saying fans will be happy is about the best sign I could have at the moment.
    We had subs. It was crazy.

Haha.

Keep hanging. Well they denying the only 2 people who can ge me excited to be DC and that is Butch Davis or Trogvac, anything else is a letdown personally to me.

Unless they get rid of Git as S&C coach and bring in Braylon's dad.

Art

English after all this has been offered the DC job, "supposedly".

Art

I see reports all over the place today that English is returning. I haven't seen anything about which capacity - whether he's going back to his old role or he'll be the DC now, just awaiting announcements and pending Hermann move, but this is great news. Loeffler is staying, English is back - both are very good things. The English thing is a bit uncertain in terms of his coaching, we'll have to see what he's like if he can get the 3-3-5 in, but recruiting is BIG!

Ron English is back and that is huge!!!!!!!! I for one am extremely happy that Ron is back as he gives Michigan a huge boost in the arm for recruiting as well as his new position of DC. Ron will hopefully be running an extremely aggressive system that us Michigan fans have been crying for many times in the last few years. Ron may need a little while to get acclomated to calling plays in college football, but overall this is some good news for the maize and blue today!!!

From the Detroit News

The coaching shakeup at Michigan, coming off a 7-5 season and a third-straight bowl loss, continues.

Ron English is the Wolverines' new defensive coordinator, a school source confirmed.

English replaces Jim Herrmann, who had held that position since 1997, when he helped the team to a share of the national title. Herrmann, who also coached linebackers at Michigan, has interviewed with the New York Jets for their opening to coach linebackers.

This staff change at Michigan comes on the heels of Mike DeBord's promotion earlier this week to offensive coordinator, a position he held at Michigan from 1997-1999.

Former offensive coordinator Terry Malone is now coaching tight ends for the New Orleans Saints.

English's move, however, took a more circuitous route.

English, 37, was the Wolverines' defensive backs coach the last three seasons, and actually started a new job this week with the Chicago Bears coaching the secondary.

But as of Thursday, English was phoning recruits telling them he was returning to the Wolverines.

"I'm glad he's coming back," said Michigan incoming freshman Jonas Mouton, one of the nation's top defensive backs out of Venice, Calif., who was recruited by English.

"I had mixed emotions. You hear he's leaving, now you hear he's coming back, but I'm glad."

Mouton said English was the reason he came to Michigan.

"He brought to light all of the things Michigan has to offer," he said.

English already has begun work to fill spots on the defensive staff and will interview several candidates for the linebackers job.

Herrmann's future has not yet been decided. He could still remain at Michigan, possibly as special teams coordinator,
    which DeBord has handled the last two seasons since returning to Michigan after being Central Michigan's coach for four years.

+ Reply to Thread