+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7
FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: I admit I was wrong: Iraq War

Having an awkward moment just to see how it feels.
    Quote Originally Posted by SKelly
    Quote Originally Posted by Rorschach
    lame cop out excuse. He wasnt a true conserative in his first election. Yet republicans didn't read up on his policies. they just said "A Bush is a Bush"
    His opponent was the one and only John McCain. The next guy was Alan Keyes.

But I did support Bush in his first election, I'll admit to that. We knew he was more moderate, but we liked that he was a change of pace and wasn't one of those stuck up politicians, he's a Texan.

And most Republicans will still support their man, nobody likes to admit they were wrong. But I am not pleased.
    he flipped flop just as much as mccain. like i said, didnt read up on the candidate.
    ^
    Stalked by a Mod who gives 1 percent credence.

Bush isn't stuck up? LMFAO! Has there ever been a more arrogant president? And Bush isn't a real Texan. He likes to play cowboy but that's about it. He's just a corporate whore whose failed at every job he's ever had. He's a piece of shit. You're the dumbass that bought that that fucktard was some sort of Washington outsider even though he's had keys to the white house for 20 years.

Gutz, I'm going to ask you a favor. Look at the opposition with a more open mind. Something has convinced you that Republicans all think and act alike in masses. Nope, we are Americans just like any Democrat. We vote for who represents our feelings. Read my posts about politics as what SKelly thinks, not what all Republicans think. For every stuck up Republican there is a stuck up Democrat. I don't really like arguing for Republicans as a whole, I like to argue for myself. I feel differently than the Republican party with a few issues, I can't speak for all of them.

Quote Originally Posted by the wrath of diddy
    Bush isn't stuck up? LMFAO! Has there ever been a more arrogant president? And Bush isn't a real Texan. He likes to play cowboy but that's about it. He's just a corporate whore whose failed at every job he's ever had. He's a piece of shit. You're the dumbass that bought that that fucktard was some sort of Washington outsider even though he's had keys to the white house for 20 years.
    I know I know I know. I've already said I'm not pleased with his administration. I'm not going on blind faith here.

Put it this way, I would support Bush over Gore anyday, I would support Bush over Kerry anyday.

Gutz, I'm going to ask you a favor. Look at the opposition with a more open mind. Something has convinced you that Republicans all think and act alike in masses.
    WTF? opposition? see thats your problem. you say opposition. i say dumbass voting. i dont oppose you for voting based on party, i actually pity you as a voter. because you arent freely choosing. you just take from the crop you are given and eat your cheese. hardcore democrats do too. but right now they didnt vote in possibly the dumbest president ever(i thought jimmy carter was an idiot and he's light years smarter than bush thats bad) whose killing people. its looked at as a war. but he's killing people, people are dying for an invisible cause he gave them. now they have to rationalize beyond what he said to get them in Iraq to stay there.

I'm sorry but yours and others need to vote based on party, who looks nicer, who says funnier shit, or looks less boring cost this country lives. Rationalize it anyway you want. call me an opposition, say you didnt know, tell me how free iraq is, do it all. but you're trying to convince yourself not me.

speaking of open mind, how open is yours if you peg me as a democrat because i call you out on not really paying attention to the candidates?
    ^

I know I know I know. I've already said I'm not pleased with his administration. I'm not going on blind faith here.

Put it this way, I would support Bush over Gore anyday, I would support Bush over Kerry anyday.
    sounds like blind faith to me.
    ^

Listen man, I'm trying to ease this discussion here. I don't want to get into an argument on Republican values because I don't really give a shit.

i dont oppose you for voting based on party, i actually pity you as a voter.
    I'll respect this point if you can honestly say you've voted for a Republican for a major political position.

because you arent freely choosing. you just take from the crop you are given and eat your cheese.
    You get two choices. One Democrat vs. one Republican. The last two Democrats in Gore and Kerry could not get any support from Republicans. If the Democrats elect more of a moderate candidate Bush would have gotten beat up. Remember, he had a low approval rating around election time. But people could never warm up to Kerry.

I'm sorry but yours and others need to vote based on party, who looks nicer, who says funnier shit, or looks less boring cost this country lives. Rationalize it anyway you want. call me an opposition, say you didnt know, tell me how free iraq is, do it all. but you're trying to convince yourself not me.
    As I said in an earlier post, you are making this argument to all Republicans. I don't know man, I can't speak for all of them, I just speak for myself. I no longer support what we did in Iraq. If anything I should be given a pat on the back by you for seeing things without right tinted glasses.

speaking of open mind, how open is yours if you peg me as a democrat
    I didn't call you a Democrat. I said "opposition." Clearly, you've made Republicans your opposition. I don't know if you are a member of the Democratic party or not. I know you tilt to the left, but that's all I know.

because i call you out on not really paying attention to the candidates?
    Again, I'm not going to try and speak for all Republicans, but I was 12 during that first election. I'm sorry I didn't study up enough. I didn't have a vote.

sounds like blind faith to me.
    How? Gore and Kerry don't reflect my views at all. Why would I vote for them?

The point I was trying to make, Gutz, is that as soon as I imply that I'm a Republican, you think you know me in and out politically. Well, you don't.

I'll give you an example. I'm very anti-death penalty.

I say I'm Republican because you are generally one or the other and I would say Republican for me.

You want more, I think the minimum wage should be raised.

+ Reply to Thread