+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7
FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: RACISM discussion (w/o Steve, thank you)

Quote Originally Posted by dennymclain
    Racism is "conditioned". It's a learned trait.

You can learn it from your 60 year old gramps. You can learn it from the media. You can even learn it from the race itself.

But, like everything learned, it can be unlearned. There is "choice".

That's why it's so unacceptable.

When one sees a black man rolling in a hooptie Escalade with spinner rims and next-level sound system dialed to 11, I think to myself "that's so black".... only because 9 times out of ten a black man IS driving. That's not racist, that's assumption, just like how a beat up 1976 F150 with a gun rack in the back window and a labrador wearing a bandana around it's neck SHOULD have a redneck with a sweet mullet behind the steering wheel. More often than not, that's the case, so I ASSUME it's also the case this time.

The Lions are going to lose this weekend. Why? Because they more often than not DO lose. One is assuming based on past experience. If they win, great!

But probably not.

Racism is not about past experience. Racism is about hate. The black man rolling in the Caddy I do not HATE. I'm merely stating that what he's doing is not unusual for a black man with wealth in Los Angeles, probably a black man in the entertainment or sports field. Stereotyping, sure. Hating, no. He's probably a very cool cat. It's an assumption born of repitition. I see it all the time.

Lock the thread, Denny wins.

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikey
    Also, the mere fact that this thread exists just proves that everybody has at least some racism in them.
    I don't follow your logic here.

How does Denny starting a racism discussion thread prove that everybody is racist?

Because of nobody were racist, then we wouldn't even bother to talk about it...we'd be above it all.

Quote Originally Posted by geerussell
    Quote Originally Posted by Koolaid
    Also the shit you said ain't true. The KKK doesn't say they want run things by intimidation, terror and violence. Everytime some klan member does some stupid shit they disown him and say he doesn't represent the klan. They wouldn't be allowed to protest in front of countless city halls if their message was to beat/kill minorities. If they said that garbage they would be labeled a terrorist group and the government (that isn't actually KKK members themselves) would be chasing them down. They are assholes without question, but they aren't openly violent assholes.
    You win.... the title of KKK Apologist. Wear your crown in style.
    yeah ok i'm a KKK apologist, while y'all practice KKK philosophies.

where do you see anything that says i follow the beliefs of the klan? where do i say anything that even remotely connects myself to them? I couldn't be any further removed from those shitheads. I just want to know my enemy and chose to read about what i'd like to destroy. Where as you just want to cast them into some sort of elite version of racism and ignorantly continue to think in the same manner they do.
    k

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony
    Racism is "conditioned". It's a learned trait.

You can learn it from your 60 year old gramps. You can learn it from the media. You can even learn it from the race itself.

But, like everything learned, it can be unlearned. There is "choice".

That's why it's so unacceptable.

When one sees a black man rolling in a hooptie Escalade with spinner rims and next-level sound system dialed to 11, I think to myself "that's so black".... only because 9 times out of ten a black man IS driving. That's not racist, that's assumption, just like how a beat up 1976 F150 with a gun rack in the back window and a labrador wearing a bandana around it's neck SHOULD have a redneck with a sweet mullet behind the steering wheel. More often than not, that's the case, so I ASSUME it's also the case this time.

The Lions are going to lose this weekend. Why? Because they more often than not DO lose. One is assuming based on past experience. If they win, great!

But probably not.

Racism is not about past experience. Racism is about hate. The black man rolling in the Caddy I do not HATE. I'm merely stating that what he's doing is not unusual for a black man with wealth in Los Angeles, probably a black man in the entertainment or sports field. Stereotyping, sure. Hating, no. He's probably a very cool cat. It's an assumption born of repitition. I see it all the time.

Lock the thread, Denny wins.
    There are no winners with RaCiSm, only losers.....

Had to get a little fatherly there, just for good measure.

Quote Originally Posted by geerussell
    Also the shit you said ain't true. The KKK doesn't say they want run things by intimidation, terror and violence. Everytime some klan member does some stupid shit they disown him and say he doesn't represent the klan. They wouldn't be allowed to protest in front of countless city halls if their message was to beat/kill minorities. If they said that garbage they would be labeled a terrorist group and the government (that isn't actually KKK members themselves) would be chasing them down. They are assholes without question, but they aren't openly violent assholes.
    You win.... the title of KKK Apologist. Wear your crown in style.
    yeah ok i'm a KKK apologist, while y'all practice KKK philosophies.

where do you see anything that says i follow the beliefs of the klan? where do i say anything that even remotely connects myself to them? I couldn't be any further removed from those shitheads. I just want to know my enemy and chose to read about what i'd like to destroy. Where as you just want to cast them into some sort of elite version of racism and ignorantly continue to think in the same manner they do.
    The KKK is not to be feared as much as the subversive kind of racism, the kind you don't see. When a neighbor you've known for years bluts out "fucking nigger" when OJ gets out of his murder charge, that scares me more than anything the Klan says. It's the concealed racism, the hidden kind, that builds up inside of seemingly codial individuals until one day they simply go postal and pull off something horrendous -- THAT is the kind of racism which absolutely terrifies me.

Because you never see it coming.

The KKK is not to be feared as much as the subversive kind of racism, the kind you don't see. When a neighbor you've known for years bluts out "fucking nigger" when OJ gets out of his murder charge, that scares me more than anything the Klan says. It's the concealed racism, the hidden kind, that builds up inside of seemingly codial individuals until one day they simply go postal and pull off something horrendous -- THAT is the kind of racism which absolutely terrifies me.

Because you never see it coming.
    EXACTLY!!!

also the extreme situations of lynchings and whatever else they do wouldn't exist if it wasn't for the more commonly thought/spoken things. You can't have snow on top of a mountain without there being a mountain in the first place. Everything builds off of a small ammount of nothing.

Now let's say the same neighbor that cursed slurs towards OJ saw that his black neighbor got money and therefore assumes he must be dealing drugs. Would you want someone you thought was a dealer living in your neighborhood? where you're trying to raise a family? The whole idea of seperation and supremacy is grown from the common stereotypes, not the absurd ones.
    k

while y'all practice KKK philosophies.
    Wow, first you start with the KKK isn't so bad and now you're on to saying people you know nothing about "practice KKK philosophies." Just stop digging and climb out of the hole.

where do you see anything that says i follow the beliefs of the klan? where do i say anything that even remotely connects myself to them?
    Comprehension. It's important.

a.pol.o.gist- A person who argues in defense or justification of something, such as a doctrine, policy, or institution.

As in you, arguing in defense of how the Klan isn't really that bad.

I guess for me with the whole black thing, it depends on where they live and what they look like. And I hate to admit that, but fuck it, its true and you mother fuckers know i'm not the only one.

Example, I pick up my little sister from school, and there are some black kids that go there. This lady, black, every day I see her pick up her daughter. She drives a very nice SUV and is always sharply dressed. No way in hell do I assume that she's a drug dealer. Cmon, living in the 'burbs, sharply dressed, no way in hell. And sometimes her husband (i'm guessing) does the picking up. Always got a suit on or casual dress.

Now, if I was driving around in maybe harper woods (pffft yeah right, you couldnt pay me to go down there) or Detroit, and I see a black person driving around in the same car fully loaded ect ect, fuck yes i'm going to assume that he's a drug dealer. Why? Maybe its the area, and the way he's got his hat on along with the chane and earings that are pulling his ears off of his face.

And dont give me that fucking bullshit that you wouldnt think that. Of course you would. Anyone would. Its how the world is. No matter how people say they have no issues with other cultures, and races, guess what, they do. The only difference is now-a-days people are taught to be more tolerant and that openly hating another group isnt socialy acceptable. So you keep your mouth shut.

IMO:

Look through all the shit you've been told, feed and brought up on and judge the people you meet and know by the content of their character.

Didn't Martin Lurther King say that?

I Have a Dream speech?
    Rise like Lions after slumber,
    In unvanquishable number -
    Shake your chains to earth like dew
    Which in sleep had fallen on you -
    Ye are many - they are few.

Pharaoh...

The older people become, the more racist they get. When you're a little kid, you have black friends/chinese friends whatever. When you reach high school, the black kids hung around the black kids, arabs with arabs, etc...

My high school was 30% black and maybe 15% arab... I don't want to hear any excuses about the lack of races/ethnicites. Thats just the way life is. You run with your own.

+ Reply to Thread