+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4
FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Jalen Rose/1st rd pick/$3 mil traded to NYK for Ant. Davis

The first they gave up was the Denver pick they are owed. Right now it is the 22nd pick so it was a solid price to pay to be able to extend Mike James. Bosh said he wanted James back so they did this to clear up cash to make that possible. The first wasn't that high of a price IMO.

Having an awkward moment just to see how it feels.
    I think LB saw Davis as a guy to ease up his totalitarian government. he wanted to end that.

think about it. with Davis trying to soften LB up, they figured"fuck it, we can run to davis for support against LB", now its 100 percent LB.

but, the zeke trying to get LB to quit idea is interesting. I never heard Rose openly say he was cool with Brown. though he did express interest in playing with us last year. LB never expressed love for rose. and he'll express love for every damn body.

If anything Rose could be the biggest revolter. It'll be interesting to see how that plays out.
    ^
    Stalked by a Mod who gives 1 percent credence.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by JS
    Rumor has it that Zeke is close to a deal for Ratliff, where he will take on yet another shitty contract for an expiring one.
    The only chip the Knicks really have left is Penny Hardaway's expiring deal.

So I could see a Penny-Crawford package going to Portland for Theo and Darius Miles, whom the Knicks have coveted for a while now.

I'll note that this is only speculation by me.
    Find a new slant.

LOL @ what could be Larry's team.

Blog Entries
    As it stands right now, the Knicks now have 3 UofM players on their roster.

Rose, Crawford & Mo Taylor
    Find a new slant.

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn
    Quote Originally Posted by JS
    Rumor has it that Zeke is close to a deal for Ratliff, where he will take on yet another shitty contract for an expiring one.
    The only chip the Knicks really have left is Penny Hardaway's expiring deal.

So I could see a Penny-Crawford package going to Portland for Theo and Darius Miles, whom the Knicks have coveted for a while now.

I'll note that this is only speculation by me.
    That's an interesting deal. But I'd be suprised if Portland would do that. Joel Pryzbilla is up for a new contract, and if they are unable to re-sign him, they would have a gaping hole at center. Plus I see Darius Miles as much more valuable than Crawford. If Ruben Patterson was substituted for Darius Miles I think we have a closer deal. But by the way Portland and New York run their franchises anything is possible.

who cares about new york?

what about davis? toronto will cut him, im sure.

destinations? chicago? miami? indy? new jersey? san an? la?

he's still a pretty good player. if we can blame our loss last year on zeke giving san an mohammed, this year we might beable to do the same with AD.

Blog Entries
    The Raps also sent the Knicks $3 million in this deal.
    Find a new slant.

Quote Originally Posted by Rorschach
    Quote Originally Posted by SKelly
    Quote Originally Posted by Rorschach
    what happened in Indy?
    Jalen was in LB's doghouse and they exchanged a few words to the media and what not. It happens everywhere LB goes. Just happened to be Jalen in Inidana.
    are you sure about this. i could've sworn roise only played for Zeke in Indy. And that he fell into Zeke's dogghouse. when brown left they still had mark jackson and reggie miller starting i think.
    I'm pretty sure Larry Brown was coaching in Philly when Indy traded Rose.

Toronto got a slightly better part of the deal. If New York got the Raptors first rounder, then it would be a balanced trade. But, Jalen Rose makes 1.2 million dollars per ppg.

+ Reply to Thread