+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3
FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: NFL Moves - Edge, Culpepper, Brees, Hutch

Quote Originally Posted by DennyMcLain
    James might get folks into buying season tickets for this team. Of course, the team is owned by the Donald Sterling of football, so we'll see how far this goes.
    But even the Clips will make the playoffs this year. They look to be solid for the next 3 years or so. Even a tight-ass squirrel finds a nut once in a while.
    We had subs. It was crazy.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2368304

Early in his career, there were questions about Drew Brees having a slow release.

That wasn't the case Tuesday when he pulled the trigger on a six-year, $60 million deal with the New Orleans Saints that included a $10 million signing bonus.

Brees' decision came within seconds of the Dolphins dropping out of the bidding when they traded a second-round choice for Daunte Culpepper. All along, the Saints had more money and more guarantees on the table for Brees and wanted to use his name as the marquee for ticket sales, sales that have been hot because of the Saints' return to New Orleans after Hurricane Katrina.

Even though the Saints will be looking at Matt Leinart in the draft, they have Brees as their starting quarterback. That puts the Saints in the position to possible trade down from the No. 2 spot and take defensive end Mario Williams or simply take the North Carolina State defensive end.

Brees comes to New Orleans with high recommendations. Cowboys coach Bill Parcells has always been a big fan of Brees and advised his former assistant, Sean Payton, to take Brees if he had the chance. Payton is the new coach of the Saints.

Brees rejected the Dolphins' idea of lowering his demands for guarantees because the Saints made a promise to his agent, Tom Condon. In the end, Brees didn't budge and he ended up going to the Saints.
    Phil Wenneck: The man purse. You actually gonna wear that or are you just fuckin' with me?
    Alan Garner: It's where I keep all my things. Get a lot of compliments on this. Plus it's not a purse, it's called a satchel. Indiana Jones wears one.

From another thread:

Quote Originally Posted by Free Press
    Minnesota: The Vikings signed All-Pro Steve Hutchinson (Michigan) to the richest offer sheet for a guard in NFL history. The Vikings offered Hutchinson a seven-year deal worth $49 million, with $16 million in guaranteed money, a person close to the negotiations told the Associated Press. Seattle has a week to match the deal or lose him to the Vikings without compensation.
    Phil Wenneck: The man purse. You actually gonna wear that or are you just fuckin' with me?
    Alan Garner: It's where I keep all my things. Get a lot of compliments on this. Plus it's not a purse, it's called a satchel. Indiana Jones wears one.

Daunte is now a Dolphin. They're trading a 2nd round pick to get him.

LOL@Dolphins

Didn't they trade a 2nd rounder to the Eagles for A.J Feely a few years ago?

Yeah. That was stupid. Feeley wasn't worth it. But he'll be counted on now to fill in until Dante is healthy.

Having an awkward moment just to see how it feels.
    With all the moves for qb's being made. NO will pass on picking leinhart you'd think. Dropping him where? Titans maybe? And where does cutler go(the best qb in the draft IMO)?
    ^
    Stalked by a Mod who gives 1 percent credence.

Quote Originally Posted by Rorschach
    With all the moves for qb's being made. NO will pass on picking leinhart you'd think. Dropping him where? Titans maybe? And where does cutler go(the best qb in the draft IMO)?
    Supposing the Titans took a QB, the Jets will also take one, and Cutler would probably go to Oakland. I'm betting someone would try and trade down from the 5-7 range with Minny though hoping to get the extra second rounder they got for Culpepper.

All-Pro Shields should retire a Chief with new deal

Right guard Will Shields, an 11-time All-Pro, has agreed to a four-year contract that will ensure his career ends with the Kansas City Chiefs.

The 34-year-old Shields has started 207 games for the Chiefs, who drafted him in the third round out of Nebraska in 1993.

Shields contemplated retirement for over a year because of chronic back pain. The team had been working on a reworked deal that would make his contract more cap-friendly, but negotiations were slowed by uncertainty over the collective bargaining agreement.

Agent Joe Linta said the reworked deal would let Shields retire after this coming season without forcing him to pay back part of his bonus.

Shields is one of the Chiefs' most honored players and has been active in charitable affairs in the community. He also helped anchor an offensive line which has paved the way for one of the NFL's most productive offenses the past five seasons.

Shields was due a salary in 2006 of $5.1 million.
    http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2368133

Not much of a suprise here although I was hoping that he would get cut so that we could try to sign him.

Having an awkward moment just to see how it feels.
    Quote Originally Posted by WTFchris
    Quote Originally Posted by Rorschach
    Supposing the Titans took a QB, the Jets will also take one, and Cutler would probably go to Oakland. I'm betting someone would try and trade down from the 5-7 range with Minny though hoping to get the extra second rounder they got for Culpepper.
    Well the rumor is either they sign Mcown or draft a QB. The only guy worth drafting for their offense is Cutler IMO. But more so than that they have a 1st round level QB already on their roster in Andrew Walter(who was a projected lottery pick before his shoulder surgery in college). A couple idiotic wonderlic dumb fans want us to pick up Young. But that would be the dumbest pick ever for what we're trying to do with the vertical game.
    ^
    Stalked by a Mod who gives 1 percent credence.

I've got a feeling that unless the Jets pull of the Abraham for Schaub deal (would be great for both teams) they will be trading up from #4 to #2 and the draft will look like this.........

1. Bush
    2. Leinart (Jets)
    3. Vince
    4. D'Brickshaw (N.O.)
    5. A.J. Hawk
    6. Cutler to the Raiders
    7. Lions trade up to get Mario Williams

+ Reply to Thread