+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Upcoming schedule is brutal

Upcoming schedule is brutal

The team is boarding a plan tonight back to Detroit to play a Minnesota team tomarrow. They are riding a little wave off of their trade, they will be pumped up because the Pistons beat them last time badly on their homecourt and we're going to be tired.

The next game, the team is traveling out to Philly to take on the Sixers, with one day off in between. It will be their 3rd game in 4 days.

That night, the team gets on a plane and flies to Indiana. It will be the 4th game in 5 days. They will be on fumes by then. Hopefully our bench guys can step up during this stretch.

So, I wouldn't be shocked at all if we dropped one of these three games.

In the meantime, Dallas and San Antonio aren't going anywhere. We only have 4 less losses than them, so we aren't even close to security right now. Including the Chicago game tonight, 12 of Dallas' next 15 games will be at home. They've also had to deal with many injuries at the 2/3 positions all season long, including Keith Van Horn. San Antonio is going into the 2nd game of their 8 straight road game stretch. Though they don't play the toughest teams on this stretch, you would expect them to drop off a little bit. However, they are 34-10 with Tim Duncan having foot problems all season long and a good chunk of the games without Manu Ginobili.

And, of course, the only injury the Pistons have had to deal with is Lindsey Hunter.

The point is that the Pistons are really going to have to work to lock up this home court advantage thing. We can't focus on our guady record and lose track of our opponents.

Gut check time for the pistons. We need a blow out vs Minny and flip needs to fucking get the bench some huge minutes in the next game. The starters should see no more than 34 or 35 minutes max. We need these games.

And the mavs scare me more than the Spurs.

And Flip has got to use the kid Delfino better. He has used him HORRIBLY. Yeah, go in halfway through the second quarter and guard their best player. Sound fun? Of course, if you mess up, you'll be out of the rotation for a few games until I realize Mo Evans sucks again. Now go do your job...

Well, give Delfino a little time to get back into the swing of things from the stomach flu, and when he and Mo start to play their games together again, we should be right back where we left off.

Delfino may need 6 months to recover from the flu.

Well Philly prolly with no Iverson should be easy. Hopefully can get a big lead and rest starters in the 4th.

Quote Originally Posted by starman91
    Well Philly prolly with no Iverson should be easy. Hopefully can get a big lead and rest starters in the 4th.
    I don't know if it's a good news.

Quote Originally Posted by UncleCliffy
    Delfino may need 6 months to recover from the flu.

And then the Mavs pull out a 1 point game in Memphis. Damn I thought we had one. These Mavericks are not going away.

Brutal is an overstatement.

And quit hating on Delfino, bitches!

+ Reply to Thread