+ Reply to Thread
Page 37 of 37
FirstFirst ... 27 35 36 37

Thread: MSU Basketball

Quote Originally Posted by Zip Goshboots
    Man, officiating killed basketball for me YEARS ago. To me, the officials have too much direct control over the game. Hockey and Football are sports that, like basketball, a foul or penalty can be called just about every 4 seconds or on every play. Somehow, football and hickey refs seem to be able to restrain themselves and let the players dictate the outcome (for the most part. You can certainly argue with the timing of some calls).
    Basketball, though, has become a game of Free Throw Shooting contests. Players "foul out", and mostly on ticky tack or very subjective calls.
    The "block" or "charge" is ridiculous. The supposed defensive "Principle of Verticality"? Give me a fucking break.
    I've watched games where players don't even sweat, the action is so broken up.
    And don't tell me these guys can't be bought off, especially if they have a gambling problem, and don't tell me a guy couldn't pull some shady reffing off to win himself a few bucks either.
    I hate to admit it because basketball is my life, but you are right. "The rule of verticality" is a joke. I think I question an official every single tues and friday on that rule. It is never followed. The charging call is out of control. At one point during the MSU-Wic. game they showed a stat, it was MSU-4 offensive fouls Wisc.-3. They are freaking showing how many offensive fouls are called 10 minutes into the game! You might be lucky if you saw two offensive fouls back in the day. Now, every other time down the court some guy is flopping and the official is calling it. You used to have to truly knock the guy to the ground with lowering your shoulder for it to be called. I can't even stand it. I'm pissed right now writing about it. I could write a book bitching about this shit.

Zip Hoopsboots

Zip has long bitched about the inconsistencies of hoop reffing and how it has driven him to watching "Gilligan's Island" reruns instead. I used to think he was kidding. Now I know better and I'm starting to understand why. How about calling a foul for "the flop?" I'm with he and Dre on this. I watch because I'm a fucking hoops junkie. I've never "not" watched but it is very arggravating. It is incredible how in a game that is being decided by 6-8 points how 55 seconds can easily last 15 minutes. 20 if you have to take a squirt.

I'm glad to see that I'm winning more and more people over to my Cult Of Ref Hating. Soon, there will be legions of us. And what will we be doing while David Stern and Miles Brand wonder why no one is watching anymore?
    We'll all be singing Karaoke, watching Gilligan's Island, and plotting an evil takeover of Ann Arbor.
    Winning breeds confidence. Losing breeds reality.

Only the hard and strong may call themselves Spartans. Only the hard… Only the strong.
    Quote Originally Posted by theMUHMEshow
    LMAO @ the brown score!!!! hahahaahahhahahahaahahahahahaha

hahaahahahahaahahahahahahaha

Thank god I dont have to hear the BS about MSU hoops this year
    Whoops

+ Reply to Thread